Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 07:37 am
We had a traditional Thanksgiving dinner of Snapper Bluefish, broiled with maitre d hotel butter (with my special addition of tarragon for a little sumpn sumpn)

Clam bellies with a bucktail was the bait of choice. Im worried about our friends house, its right on the ocean and dunes and its less than 200 ft from the shore. North Carolina has a law that says, "If your house gets reclaimed by thes ea, youre SOL " NO rebuilding on the dune lines.

Today we take the ferry on a little sojourne
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 08:16 am
Well, good. SOMEBODY should've kissed you for it!

(Will check out the link.)

(Nodding head) You gotta have leftovers. You just gotta.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 08:17 am
Farmerman
A close friend recently moved from Albuquerque to Leland, North Carolina, which is in the boonies about 15 miles west of Wilmington. Are you anywhere near them?

BBB
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 24 Nov, 2006 04:26 pm
Wilmington NC is about, ohhh, 200 mi South of Nags head and its sorta on the mainland. The Outer Banks are a scary strip of moving sand that is separated from the mainland by Pamlico Sound. Its near Cape Hatteras."Graveyard of the ATlntic". We have an old wrecked ship about 2 miles south of us and parts of other wrecks on the beach. Artifacts are always washing ashore and after this rain we found a few. The Okracoke ferry was not running cause it was still rough seas today.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 07:03 am
Thanks everyone for chancing this thread.

We had Thanksgiving at my cabin, and I went deer hunting. I was out before sunrise three days straight, and at dusk for two. Never saw a single deer. All those tracks must be from the invisible species. Santa's reindeer perhaps?

In fact, the only live deer I saw all weekend was a tiny doe "presenting" about 30 feet off of the freeway, to an invisible buck that apparently wasn't too interested in the exhibitionist setup.

Hope you all had a great weekend.
0 Replies

realjohnboy

Reply Mon 27 Nov, 2006 08:20 pm
I hope, cjhsa, your menu for the weekend wasn't built around venison. If so, the pizza delivery guy probably did very, very well.
You want deer? Come to my place in Virginia. Deer on my neighbors' properties are cute and/or majestic. On my land they are total pests.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/30/2024 at 12:11:55