[Resolved] Can't download IE 7.0

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 11:00 am
my Internet Explorer went haywire.First it stopped playing videos on youtube (something with java script not being turned on) - fine, no big deal.
But now it prompts me to download the 7.0 version (since yesterday), only to lead me to a site where i'm told the page is unavailable. and my gmail stopped working on IE as well - it just loads and loads and loads... so i have to resort to Mozilla, which I don't like. I just want to use IE, i'm old fashioned that way. Is IE having problems, or is it some setting in my computer?
Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,013 • Replies: 16
No top replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 11:12 am
Embarrassed it seems that part of the problem was me living in the future - the time on my computer was set to february 2008...ooooops.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 12:34 pm
And it's only 2004. Tsk tsk.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 12:48 pm
Where I work it is somewhere in the mid-1960's.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 01:06 pm
nevermind me. it's downloaded and working fine....though i don't like it one bit. i liked the 6.0 far better. old dog learning new tricks and all...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 01:09 pm
IE 7.0 will have problems with many unupdated sites and plugins, etc. You should keep 6.0 handy as well as Firefox.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 01:24 pm
where's the refresh button?! WHERE is my friggin refresh button? Aaaargh, this is worse than mozilla! ug. tfoooey on them.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 01:25 pm
where's the refresh button?! WHERE is my friggin refresh button? Aaaargh, this is worse than mozilla! ug. tfoooey on them.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 01:25 pm
oh. right to the right of address bar. ok. still don't like it.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 01:27 pm
It seems pretty glitchy.

The java download command/link seems to be causing problems for quite a few people.

Gimme my firefox.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 03:02 pm
I'm using it now for about 1/2 year (beta) - and had none difficulties at all, enither with unupdated sites, plugins nor etc
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 21 Nov, 2006 03:03 pm
I have set the date on my computer to 1955. I want to witness the birth of Rock N Roll and prevent the Kennedy assasination. Wish me luck!
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 12:28 pm
yeah, good luck with that.no more updates for you, ever,i wonder, will that revert your internet explorer to the first ever version available?

anyhoo. i still cannot watch videos on youtube. "Java script turned off". How do i turn the bugger on? I tried Internet options - advanced settings, but i see nothing along the lines there...
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 12:36 pm
dagmaraka wrote:
yeah, good luck with that.no more updates for you, ever,i wonder, will that revert your internet explorer to the first ever version available?

Good old Mac Hypertext... boy were they ever ahead of their time.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 12:36 pm
that's what happens when i speak before i google. i found the answer, maybe someone else can use it,too:

Microsoft Internet Explorer 5.x and 6.x (Windows)

Select Internet Options from the Tools menu.
Click the Security tab.
Click Custom Level in Security Level for this Zone.
Scroll down to Scripting, near the bottom of the list.
Under Active Scripting, choose Enable.
Click OK to leave Security Settings. Click OK to leave Internet Options. www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IJsDUTUN3I
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 12:51 pm
ehBeth wrote:
The java download command/link seems to be causing problems for quite a few people.

Close all instances of Internet Explorer and any other browsers.

Go to Start>Settings>Control Panel>Internet Options. Under the General tab, delete Temporarary Internet Files and delete Cookies. Open the Security tab, select "Trusted Sites", then click "Sites". In the "Add websites to this zone" dialog box, type (without the quotes) "*.adobe.com", click "Add", then type (without the quotes) "*.youtube.com", click "Add" again. Make sure the checkbox labled "Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone" is NOT checked. Click "Close". Still under the "Security" tab, Click the "Custom Level" bar, scroll to the bottom of the list, and make sure "Active Scripting" and "Scripting of Java applets" are enabled. Click"OK" to exit, then click "Apply", and click "OK" again to exit the Internet Options" control panel.

Download and install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player (currently V. 9.0.16.0)

Reboot.

That oughtta do it ... if yours is the "Easy Fix" problem. Its possible more entertainment may be involved, but give that a shot first ... it solves most problems of the sort reported here.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Wed 22 Nov, 2006 01:03 pm
oh, that's probably safer than lowering my security settings. thanks, timber.
0 Replies