MSXML 4.0 SP2 Security Update (KB927978)

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 09:51 am
I have my Windows Automatic Updates set so that the critical updates download, but I can choose when to install. Anyhow, today my computer downloaded MSMXML SP2 Security Update (KB927978). When I went to install it, the install failed, numerous times.

I have gone online, and from what I have read on computer forums, I have found that other people are having the same problem with this patch. I even took someone's suggestion, and turned off my virus scan, as I tried to install the patch. Still no good.

Anyhow, I have Zone Alarm and Norton Anti-Virus on my computer. In one of the computer forums, someone said that if you have a good firewall and virus scanner, this patch is redundant.

Just to make sure, I went to "Shields Up" and ran their port test. I passed with flying colors, all my ports being "stealth".

Now, I say, "To hell with that damn patch"..................but I keep getting a notice (the little shield) that says that the fix is being ready to install. How do I get rid of the download, or, how can I install this damn thing successfully, so Microsoft will stop bugging me?
[/b]
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,562 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sun 19 Nov, 2006 10:56 pm
I would try MS own Knowledge base page. Most of the time the answer is there if nowhere else.
0 Replies