"Chicken Man" apprehended

Reyn

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 04:17 pm
Quote:
Police seeking man in chicken costume

Police this morning are on the lookout for a 6-foot 2-inch tall man dressed as a chicken who, according to Penn State police, is being sought for disrupting classes at the university.

Further information was not immediately available, but the Daily Collegian recently wrote about the "Chicken Man," a senior who sports a chicken mask, tuxedo and tie as everyday wear. Greg Gehl also takes his pet hen, Henderson, with him on his outings.

It was not known if Gehl was the person being sought by police.

Quote:
"Chicken Man" apprehended

From CDT staff reports

UNIVERSITY PARK -- The so-called "Chicken Man" finally ran afoul of the law.

Gregory E. Gehl, whose claim to fame is roaming about the Penn State campus and downtown dressed in a black tuxedo with a chicken mask over his head was actually being sought by police Friday morning after he allegedly disrupted several large classes in the Forum Building.

It's not often a "be-on-the-lookout" notice goes out over the airwaves to Centre County authorities for a 6-foot, two-inch tall man wearing a tux and a chicken mask.

"He ran into several classes while they were in session and caused disruptions," said Penn State police spokesman Tyrone Parham. "He was actually holding a live chicken."

Police issued Gehl a summary citation for disorderly conduct, meaning he'll get a $300 fine if convicted or if he pleads guilty.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 795 • Replies: 14
No top replies

Mame

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 05:18 pm
$300 - that's not a poultry amount now, is it?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 05:26 pm
Good thing he didn't go to the library...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 17 Nov, 2006 05:56 pm
Mame wrote:

Laughing You taking over for Blacksmith et al?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 01:00 am
Nah, I'm just fowling around.
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 01:09 am
Mame wrote:

He probably thinks it's just chicken feed....
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 01:21 am
Eggzactly
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 02:47 am
You'd expect to find mame and lexxles here.

birds of a feather.............
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 03:42 am
Yep, both high up in the pecking order when it comes to keeping up to date with things!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 12:06 pm
Well, Im right pleased that you've chosen my post to keep informed.

All the latest...... Laughing
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 12:23 pm
I have no problem with a man drsssing as a chicken. It's certainly no sillier than wearing a turban.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 01:33 pm
And he pecked a chicken outfit to wear beakause...?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 01:54 pm
Because he enjoys dressing like a chicken! Dressing like a chicken is a lifestyle choice. Who are WE to judge??? Let's not discriminate against chicken dressers simply because their lifestyles don't accord with our own! I'm sure he has been ridiculed and denied employment because of his preference! Some men feel comfortable in high heels and stockings...
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:23 pm
Do you think this chicken-dressing preference is a matter of nature or nurture?

I am very tolerant of this 'sort of thing' - until such persons tuck their hands under their armpits, make strange cackling noises, jut their heads forward spasmodically then break into strange forms of dancing.

Then, I am ashamed to admit, my bigotry rises to the surface and I reach for the trusty axe...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Sat 18 Nov, 2006 09:32 pm
He must be pretty plucky to wander about in a chicken outfit. It would knock the stuffing out of me.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » "Chicken Man" apprehended
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 12:54:38