I THINK I'M ABOUT TO RENEW SOMETHING! - Most annoying.

Eva

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 09:33 am
Nah, it was a ghost.

Speaking of ghosts...COLORBOOK!!! You're BACK!!!!!!!!! (happy dance)
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 01:51 pm
http://www.geocities.com/bolerama/Boler.jpg

This is an example of our pride and joy. It is a Boler travel trailer and ours will be 30 years old in 2007. Two halves of fiberglass belted together in the middle, it is a breeze to tow, great on gas mileage, and has so far proven rodent-proof. They were last made in the 1980's so are highly sought after now and definitely retain their value. We could sell at a considerable profit and buy new, but why?
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 03:08 pm
we usedto have a trailer like that. It was called a Trillium, and we could tow it with a car.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 03:15 pm
farmerman wrote:
we usedto have a trailer like that. It was called a Trillium, and we could tow it with a car.

They're kissing cousins farmerman. We tow ours with a 3.something litre engine, even up hills. (I'm curious; how many people did you fit inside? Did anybody actually try to sleep in the bunks?)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 03:18 pm
Knowing FM, he used it to take his livestock to market.

Trillium? Weren't they those little furry things that kept breeding all over the place, eventually taking over the entire USS Enterprise?

I remember that even Spock got annoyed to the extent that he raised an eyebrow.
0 Replies

Tai Chi

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 03:33 pm
"The Market Day of the Trilliums" yeah, I think I caught that episode.

Okay, I'll rephrase the question:

Farmerman, how many sheep could you fit in your trailer? (And did they like the mini bunks?)
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 04:00 pm
shewolfnm wrote:
I still have the 19 inch Sony TV my mother gave me when i was a teenager. ( late 80's)

Hah! I had a Sony TV for about 5 years when I gave it to a friend when
she moved into her first apartment, and she still has it. So that sucker
is close to 30 years by now. Can't kill it!!

I am with Prince - my cars are usually replaced every 3 years,
I have a fairly new (gorgeous) refrigerator, my flatscreen is 3 years old,
so the only thing that's around 10 years old, is my German Miele washing machine/dryer.

Oh yes, my lover is a keeper - so no exchange there!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 04:04 pm
My clothes washer and dryer have been going strong for 20 years as has my stand alone freezer. Quick, I need to find some wood to knock on.....
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 04:14 pm
Tai chi. We could sleep 4 very comfy. 2 bunks and a bed that was momma and daddy(us). It was ok for just 2 but got a might snug with 2 kids. We then traded the Trillium for a 30 ft AWARD (another Canadian made baby that looked like the space shuttle) It had some neat and some very dumb features . The only problem with the Award was that it couldnt get smacked hard. A tree fell on ours and smashed it almost in half. We then got a Holiday Rambler and by then we were hooked on RVing.
I still miss the little Trillium cause we honeymooned in it all through Southeast Canada. Towed it with a 76 Chevy Suburban. So we hadda be careful , the Chevy was actually too much for it. Ours didnt have electric brakes so if Ize doin like 75 or more and I hadda quick stop, the Trillium would almost ride up onto the back of the Chevy

LE , youre thinking of "The trouble with Tribbles". the little fuzzballs that cooed and were soothing to pet and were quite fecund. Feed them quattro triticale and they triple their population in an afternoon.
Did I just repeat a Star Trek episode?. I was such a nerdy kid.

0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:12 pm
farmerman wrote:
Rabbit, are we drinking the fermented dew again?

If I have to explain, your entire post then becomes no longer cute and fuzzy , so I shall not explain except to say that Johnsons mean other than Willys in the US, and, in the US, willy is a rather fay word. We use more ethnic terms like "schlong" or "dorken"

Carry on.

No, no fermented dew.

When my father moved into supported accommodation in 1990, I gave the old family fridge to a friend.

When we moved it, a top forty chart for 1966 was stuck in the heat diffuser at the back...so it was a minimum of 24 years old then.

As far as I know, it is still being used by the friend's children....if so, it is now at least 40 years old.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 14 Nov, 2006 05:23 pm
I still have my old Montblanc pen, the one I got as a present for myself once I got a real job (1965). I had trouble with it a couple of times, can't remember why, sent it back to the company as I think they advertised something about that, and they fixed it for $6.00. A few years ago I was using it again - I varied on ink pen enthusiasm over the years - and had it in my purse. I went to a lecture with a friend for the Native Plant Society. Don't remember the subject, just remember that the seats were rock hard and I had a lower back problem that week. To alleviate the problem a tad, I sat on my purse. When I got home, I had an inky purse and a pen in a dozen pieces. I'm still thinking of sending it back to the factory, as they're only the plastic bits broken.... though by now it would be more than a $6.00 charge.
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Tue 28 Nov, 2006 02:23 am
Quote:
Is this a good look?

Bulky old TV sets are on their way out - and sales of flatscreens are soaring. So how do you design your front room around the new televisions? Patrick Barkham asks the experts

In today's The Guardian online and pages 52 & 53

http://i14.tinypic.com/490zpso.jpg

http://i11.tinypic.com/3zm42ah.jpghttp://i14.tinypic.com/2pyb5s1.jpg
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 08:39 pm
@Lord Ellpus,
Lord Ellpus wrote:

I've just worked out that I've had my "main" TV for over 19 years....

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/182/442712256_dbbe12963e.jpg
Lord Ellpus' main TV
Eva

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 08:53 pm
@Reyn,
Oh, Reyn!

Don't do that!

You just about gave me a heart attack. I thought Lord Ellpus was back. Crying or Very sad
Reyn

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 08:56 pm
@Eva,
Laughing hehe, I'm such a mischief maker, aren't I?
martybarker

Reply Mon 27 Oct, 2008 09:29 pm
@Reyn,
Where is Lord E??
margo

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 02:25 am
@martybarker,
sadly missed. I got a bit excited when I saw his name - but then looked at the date Crying or Very sad
Reyn

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 09:28 am
@margo,
Some things are timeless.
hamburger

Reply Tue 28 Oct, 2008 01:43 pm
@Reyn,
his "lordship" no doubt has a butler who has to do some posting for him .

lord E to his butler : "time for some exercises ! do 20 kneebends for me , james ! " .
hbg

http://www.yourbutler.ca/images/butler.jpg
0 Replies