WABL Jazz Baby

Swimpy

Reply Mon 11 Nov, 2002 10:45 am
Hey all you Jazz buffs! Here's a place to share your favorite links. Please post any and all sites that contain streaming audio, free downloads or even MIDI files if you like. Here's one to get us started:
Amazon.com Jazz Downloads
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,019 • Replies: 9
No top replies

hebba

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:23 am
Swimpy I´m a jazz buff but I don´t know any sites.Can I still hang out and talk jazz in here?
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Tue 12 Nov, 2002 06:07 pm
Sure you can, Hebba. But can I challenge you to go out and see what you can find? I'm not a jazz buff myself, so sould you be willing to watch over this thread and nurture it?
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 04:19 am
Aww Swimpy I don´t have the time to scour the net for streaming audio jazz links I´m sorry.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:27 am
Deleted
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 10:28 am
Radio Free Virgin has their own player and they show pictures of the albums plus a link to their site if you want to buy the CD (although it's always wise to shop around on a CD or DVD!) They now have a premium service which streams CD quality sound (MIDI, MP3, are all compressed sonic files). The quality has been why I don't download or listen to that much stream music -- I hear CD's played on my home system and it's just not the same even with earphones out of the computer.

www.radiofreevirgin.com
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 11:41 am
There are actually quite a few good (radio) websites. And some very good stations - all depended, what kind of jazz you prefer.

Being more conservative ..........in jazz (sic!), I prefer listening to this site while being online:
http://www.swissjazz.ch/
(Click on "live" and you'll get the livestream via 'real player'.)
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:01 pm
Lightwiz, I know what you mean about the sound quality, but streaming audio and mp3s are good ways to preview new music before purchasing CDs.

Walter, Love that avatar! Thanks for the link.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 13 Nov, 2002 06:26 pm
The short clips for previewing CDs are all fairly good on all the major sites:

www.amazon.com
www.cduniverse.com
www.cdnow.com

The standard Radio Free Virgin player doesn't allow one to select but the they do play full cuts (not part of a song) and display the CD it is being played from. I have digital cable which has music channels from Music Choice which is also a good Website for listening to CD's. The categories are really wide range -- the divide jazz into two categories. Radio Free Virgin has four categories.

www.musicchoice.com
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Sat 16 Nov, 2002 02:21 pm
Sorry for not getting back to you. I've been away. Lightwizard, I'm going to start a post for helpful links. May I use yours?
0 Replies