You Can Sell Anything On Ebay

Reply Sun 15 Jun, 2003 11:07 am
Imagine my surprise when I stumbled onto this gem from the cut out bins Laughing

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1077&item=2534276331
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,102 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 07:38 pm
Well that's progress, your out of the remanded bin. When are we going to see the boxed set from Rhino?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 16 Jun, 2003 09:43 pm
Wow! Seven bucks!
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 01:05 am
actually I have purchased Yes and Led Zeppelin, Van Halen and
AC/DC vinyl for less on e-bay, so I feel pretty good that ole' me fetched that much.. Very Happy
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 06:20 am
Bi- Hey man, you are in pretty heavy duty company! Very Happy
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 09:16 am
thanks phoenix but I'm not holding my breath for an invite to Robert Plants next birthday party... Rolling Eyes :wink:

I have hung out with Yes and AC/DC in the past but not because they dug my records believe me...just through contacts in the music business.

I am in the process of matting and framing the complete Yes, Led Zep and AC/DC works on vinyl. Also David Lee Roth and Van Halen, and I'm working on the Stones as mint condition vinyl becomes available. Among all this timeless artwork gracing my walls will be my 3 albums and memorabilia.

Actually this kind of thing appreciates tremendously in value and by the time I die, my kids or grandkids should be able to realize quite a bit of money should they decide to sell.

The beauty of collectables is that their honest worth is exactly what someone is willing to pay for them, and there is always a rabid collector who will pay through the nose for something if they really want it.

Anyway, I will be releasing another cd and dvd of my July reunion concert toward the end of this year which I will sell on the internet and consign out regionally, taking care of my own distribution. Will I go platinum? Hardly. Will I ever be well known outside of the southeast? Doubtful. Will I continue enjoying the thing I've loved all my life and stay bonded with the guys in the band and others? Absolutely, so why not?

I might even make enough money to go out for pizza or something. It will certainly pay for my cubs' music lessons and keep me in guitars and music anyway. Cool Very Happy
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 09:18 am
BpB
where do you get all those albums?? great outlets?
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 09:28 am
some are mine..ebay is loaded with them. I just bought the complete works of Led Zep on vinyl, with the exception of 2 and 3, in mint condition from a guy in Canada for 50.00 American.

I bought Yes' Tormato still in the shrink wrap for 2.00.

Beggars Banquet mint with banned toilet cover 7.99.

I could go on, but you see....and this stuf when matted and framed will eventually sell for thousands literally. Meanwhile I record the vinyl onto my hard drive and convert to digital to burn to CDR filling any hole in my collection, and have the coolest office wlls in history.

Some win win situation huh?
0 Replies

husker

Reply Tue 17 Jun, 2003 09:36 am
GREAT!!
0 Replies