Saving my 1000s of hotmail and yahoo messages

Reply Sat 21 Oct, 2006 10:36 am
Dear all;

I have several e-mail accounts at hotmail, with 100s of messages in each account. I want to save allll these messages to my hard disk all at once. In other words, I want to download them all, without the need to view each message, save it and then move to the next one and all. I believe one way is through using the POP account and Outlook express....but Hotmail charges a payment for that...do you know any other way to do that without paying? Same goes for the Yahoo account. You know how it is when you have tens and tens of pages in your Inbox and you just want to clean it up!

Hope someone can help out here!

Big thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,418 • Replies: 5
No top replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 08:32 am
Bookmark
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 08:52 am
what do you mean? if i bookmark my hotmail msgs i can view them without the need to supply password/username everytime? how can this make things easier? please elaborate, thanks
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 09:17 am
Intransition found the thread interesting and bookmarked it. I don't think he is suggesting bookmark as a solution to your problem. Laughing

This is really tricky. Gmail provide POP access for free. If somehow you can manage to fwd all your messages to a Gmail account, it could work out.
0 Replies

Raener

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 07:36 am
If you want a gmail address e-mail me raener[at]gmail[dot]com. (Say that you're from A2K) Then try and forward all your e-mails to your new googlemail address. You won't be running out of space any time soon on gmail.

Good luck!
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 29 Oct, 2006 11:24 am
spidergal wrote:
Intransition found the thread interesting and bookmarked it. I don't think she is suggesting bookmark as a solution to your problem. Laughing quote]

This is correct! Sorry for the confusion.
0 Replies