Boy refuses to ride with drinking parents

Reyn

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 09:22 pm
Quote:
Boy refuses to ride with drinking parents

MONACA, Pa., Oct. 18 (UPI) -- A Pennsylvania couple have been charged with drunken driving after their 10-year-old son refused to ride with them, fearing for his safety, police said.

Kenneth Sutton, 41, and his wife, Paula, 40, of Monaca, Pa., were charged with driving under the influence of alcohol or controlled substances and with child endangerment, the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports.

The case caught police attention after a motorist saw the couple in their two vehicles stopped on a highway and their son leaving the scene.

The motorist called police, who picked up the boy running along the highway.

The unidentified boy told police his father had been drinking and was trying to light a pipe containing marijuana when he crashed into a guard rail, police said.

The boy's mother, who had been traveling in a car in front of them, tried to get the boy to ride with her, but he refused because she too had been drinking, police said.

The boy was not injured.

Every once in a long while, it's time to report a serious story that has merit.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 623 • Replies: 12
No top replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 09:28 pm
Yeh.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 05:27 am
I give that young man a lot of credit. First, for knowing what was best for him to do, and second, having the ability to stand up to his parents, when he knew that he was right.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 05:33 am
I'm sure he'll be severely beaten upon his return to their loving arms...
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 05:42 am
Its funny cause the father was carrying a "good driver" (lower premium) policy with his insurance carrier. Now he probably wont be allowed to drive for many years. This usually starts a downward spiral in PA where the driver loses his license, then he gets picked up for DUI and driving without a license which only compounds his rap sheet, and he loses even more license time, then he gets picked up again and again for friving without a license..

Id seen one feller over at the Rising SUn (Md) police dept whose printout driving record was about 30 pages long. It basically summarized with a statement that projected his driving privileges would not be restored for another 45 years. AND, what kind of car did you think this Mullet wearing genius drove?
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 07:38 am
I'm going to guess a Camaro.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 07:43 am
blacksmithn wrote:
I'm sure he'll be severely beaten upon his return to their loving arms...

I'd take the beatin' then. If they're that type, if they didn't beat him for this, they'd find some other excuse now or later.

My dad drove drunk all the time with us kids in the car. But 35 or 40 years ago I don't remember anyone calling it drunk driving.

I don't think it ever occured to me that I had any other option but to go along. No one wore seat belts back then either.

I think this kid deserves a big Bravo.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 11:36 am
Yeah. Somebody should buy him a beer.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 11:43 am
Gargamel wrote:
Yeah. Somebody should buy him a beer.

Then put him in a Ferrari.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:02 pm
Gargamel wrote:
I'm going to guess a Camaro.

I say mid-80's Monte Carlo.

But with tinted windows.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:08 pm
I think he was driving either a 1979 black firebird (red firebird of course) or a Chicken Delight delivery vehicle.

Don't cook tonight!
Call Chicken Delight!
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 12:21 pm
It was a 2006 Rolls-Royce Phantom worth over $300,000. What hasn't come out in the article is that two weeks earlier the parents had totalled a similar vehicle going the wrong way down a one way street. At his trial for driving while intoxicated, the father's only defense had been, "But I was only going one way."
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Wed 15 Nov, 2006 01:50 am
farmerman wrote:
AND, what kind of car did you think this Mullet wearing genius drove?

Well, what kind???
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Boy refuses to ride with drinking parents
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 12:19:30