its real working from home

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 02:05 pm
[size IS REAL WORKIN FROM HOME I WILL LIKE TO KWNO IF WORKING FROM HOME IS REAL I AM STAY IN HOME MOM AND I WANT WORK FROM HOME BUT I AM SCARED Sad FOR THE SCAM BUT I WILL LIKE SOME HELP Very Happy WHAT COMPANIES ARE REAL AND GOOD PAY THANKS
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,331 • Replies: 10
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 02:11 pm
There are ways to make money working from home, but as far as I can tell everything with "work from home!" or "make money from home!" in the title is a scam. A lot of them are some variation of:

1.) Send $20 (or $10, or $15, or whatever) to get started.

2.) Get the info -- and find that what you're supposed to do is advertise the same thing and get people to send YOU $20 (or $10, or $15, or whatever) to "get started..." And on it goes.

"Data entry from home" is another one. Plus most anything that targets stay-at-home moms.

There aren't that many jobs you can actually do from home, and the competition is fierce and you have to be quite qualified to get the jobs.

I'd suggest starting with craigslist for your city -- but keeping away from those "too good to be true" ads. They are.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 02:38 pm
Contact Alticor (formerly Amway). I'm sure they can set you up.

You always wanted a garage full of shampoo, right?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 02:53 pm
Those jobss are out there, but not too easy to find. Thanks to web-conferencing technology, more things can be accomplished sitting behind a computer screen vs. face to face. For instance my company has software trainers who work from home. After sales signs up a customer, they get trained on the product via web-conferencing through a site like Webex or Gotomeeting. Our trainers just sit at home all day conducting online training sessions. They're not completely entry-level jobs though.

I'm sure there are companies that hire inside salespeople who work from home? Look into that.

Or you could just be an in-call prostitute.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 03:00 pm
I suggest copy editing. It's something a free-lancer can do from home and thereby make a good living!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 03:13 pm
Easier said than done -- really hard to break into it, and hard to keep finding gigs (lots of them are time-limited).

If you want to go full-time there are more options, but you say you are a stay-at-home mom and so full-time probably won't work for you.

I'm a stay-at-home mom who makes some money via editing and writing, not much at all -- very far from "a good living." I have a degree in English and it was still incredibly hard to get started. It's not impossible, but unless you have BOTH experience and top-notch skills, it's really difficult.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 03:25 pm
I think minabo83 would make a very good copy editor.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 18 Oct, 2006 04:38 pm
Minabo83 - are you in the USA? Do you speak other languages? What do you consider your talents?

Sozobe makes a good point about no one should ask you for money to start working from home. If they do, it's a scam.
0 Replies

christinamedia

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:18 pm
Hi there!
I think its great that you want to pursue a career working from home. There are opportunities, but PLEASE be careful!! First of all, don't ever ever ever pay a company for you to work. You should be getting paid, always remember that. There are lots of opportunities to make money from home and online for Moms, but watch out for scams. In general DO NOT sign up or even bother with:

1. paid to read surveys
2. paid to read e-mails
3. scams that ask you for money
4. Don't pay for anything

There's a great site for work from home Moms and Moms in general, Its called Club Mom. You can network and talk with other Moms in your position and exchange advice and experience. I really think it would be a great place for you to start. Its free of course! Smile

Edit (Moderator): Redirect-and/or-Personal Referral Link Removed
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Sun 28 Jan, 2007 11:29 pm
Dartagnan wrote:
I suggest copy editing. It's something a free-lancer can do from home and thereby make a good living!

Dart, I do copy editing and proofreading from home. It's a living, but it's not a good living.

And Soz is right. It's very difficult to get started. Despite all my efforts, I have yet to get work that I didn't get by knowing somebody who knew somebody. I keep trying to expand my client base, but it's a challenge.

I don't mean sound unkind, but I'm not sure that minabo is cut out for editing or proofreading (judging from her post).

I've been looking for all sorts of telecommuting jobs. There are precious few that aren't technology-related.

Good luck minabo.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Mon 29 Jan, 2007 02:20 am
translating documents could be an avenue if you have language skills.
0 Replies