netgear wgr614 wireless problems

Reply Tue 17 Oct, 2006 04:04 pm
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows why my wireless router (listed above Smile ) would be making a high-pitched screeching sound whenever I plug it in. It used to work and give me great internet access all over the house, now it doesn't have any wireless coming from it and the little light on it for wireless isn't lighting up. Any ideas? I can't seem to get any help from netgear, and I could go out and buy a new one, but I'd rather not if you know what I mean. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,082 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Heliotrope

Reply Sat 11 Nov, 2006 12:19 pm
Sounds like a fault in the DC power side of the router to me.
My own WGR614 died only the other day after 3 years of loyal service.
It kept disconnecting me either wirelessly or via cable so I ditched it and got a new router.
I'd just go any buy a new one. They're pointless to repair unless you have a BGA machine and the skills to fault find the circuit.
And I'm not doing it for you. Laughing

You can pick up a wireless router for about £45 now and if you are using it plugged into the ethernet socket of your modem you don't even need to bother setting it up or installing drivers.
Just plug it into your modem and power it up. Log in and then change the default password into the settings and that's it.
You're good to go.
0 Replies

OperaGhost

Reply Tue 2 Jan, 2007 10:14 pm
Thanks! I bought a new linksys. :-D Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, I've had exams and got pretty distracted!
0 Replies