Our own funny little preconceived notions

Lord Ellpus

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 09:04 am
A "hummer", in my neck of the woods, is basically a person who smells.

"Cor, 'e don't 'alf 'um!"
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 09:10 am
I always found it ironic that hummer is also a synonym for a special kind of blowjob...
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 09:13 am
Ok, I have another one that was exposed this weekend.

Little boys playing fighting games are violent (implicitly, they have bad parents). It was exposed to me in the same way a wart on your nose is exposed -- by holding up a mirror. My kids "battle" with toy telescopic light sabers. This battling comes with very specific rules -- no faces, watch out for bystanders, no battling indoors, etc... and mostly involves saber to saber contact and a lot of pretending to have arms and legs cut off. So we went to the park yesterday and duckie brought the light sabers. Ducklet didn't want to battle anymore so duckie quickly made friends with other boys at the park and began the battling. They were all very nice kids and played by the rules. Over the course of the battles I can't count the number of dirty looks they got from mothers with smaller kids nearby (who the boys were careful of). And I heard at least two comments from women that irked me. The implication was that these boys were being violent. I realized that I often take that attitude when kids play fighting games, which I generally disapprove of.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 09:16 am
BBB
Did you ever notice the physical body type in films and commercials that represent an undesirable person? Lazy bums, evil types, slobs, losers, bad contractors, corrupt politicians, greedy rich people, teens with no friends, undesirable women. They frequently are portrayed by a fat person.

Why do you suppose this happens?

BBB
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 11:13 am
blacksmithn wrote:
I always found it ironic that hummer is also a synonym for a special kind of blowjob...

mmmm hmmmm...
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 11:17 am
Could you stop with the 1812 Overture?! The cannon fire crescendo gives me an unmentionable pain!
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 11:25 am
blacksmithn wrote:
Could you stop with the 1812 Overture?! The cannon fire crescendo gives me an unmentionable pain!

mmm....caaack!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 11:27 am
Whenever I see an attractive woman, I can't help to think "she loves roophies." I mean, in reality I know it's only about 85% of women like being drugged, but I'm an optimist and like to think it's all of them.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 12:43 pm
Speaking of cars, whenever I see a beat up, rusted old hunk of junk, I always think they're from a certain town near us. And they usually are (but sometimes they're not).

Speaking of driving, when you see someone racing, I think of young boys. Never girls. Always young boys.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 01:03 pm
Priest = really enjoys the company of small boys.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 01:19 pm
I assume I have something in common with every patron in the library check out line.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 01:21 pm
Hah. That's what you think!

(I dogear my pages.)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 01:39 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
Hah. That's what you think!

(I dogear my pages.)

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Are you that person that uses a slice of cheese as a bookmark?

Re the library, I always think everyone is there because they love to read.

Yeah right. Now it seems to be fore everything else but reading.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 01:49 pm
Are you crazy?!? I would never use cheese as a bookmark.

I use salami -- it stands out from the pages more.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 01:58 pm
I think that the higher the decibel level of the music in a car, the lower the I.Q. of the driver.

If a person tells you something about herself, and then says, "Don't tell anybody", I automatically don't trust her. How can she expect you to keep a secret if she can't?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 04:48 pm
I think people that don't turn down the TV when they answer the phone won't get very far in life.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 05:00 pm
I think that people who take out of control children to restaurants are selfish boors.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 05:02 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

Here's a picture of me getting ready for a little light read.

The guy next to me is a stud muffin, but I'll whap him one if he gets any closer with an ungloved hand.

http://www.affordablehousinginstitute.org/blogs/us/Archives_white_gloves_small.jpg
0 Replies

joe harris

Reply Mon 16 Oct, 2006 06:26 pm
Hummers
Blacksmithn ;

Right On......A hummer makes music specially with the low Bass notes.

joe harris....

0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 19 Oct, 2006 05:22 pm
FreeDuck wrote:

And of course, either one leaves a distinct grease trail that works beautifully for highlighting important passages.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 09:00:53