Obviously suspicious in nature?

Reyn

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 10:16 am
Quote:
Kayaker discovers body parts in lake

Oct, 09 2006 - 10:50 PM

MILL LAKE/CKNW(AM980) - Abbotsford Police are investigating the discovery of a body in Mill Lake.

A kayaker called police after finding body parts on the water.

Sergeant Mark Schulz says police are treating the death as suspicious, "Abbotsford Police units arrived on scene shortly thereafter and that included our Identification Section and at this time, homicide detectives. We are treating this discovery as a suspicious circumstances, obviously suspicious in nature, and we may be at this scene for some time."

The Coroner's Office has attended; detectives are now on the case and divers may be brought in after daylight.

This lake is located a couple of blocks from my home.

I've been trying hard to think why this would be treated as suspicious? It was obviously a suicide.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 509 • Replies: 10
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 10:21 am
Well, body parts -- maybe there were saw marks or something. <bleh> Some reason why they think someone else had to have been involved, not just standard decomposition. If nothing else, may just mean that they're investigating until they can be certain one way or the other.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 10:31 am
Obviously suspicious? Clearly, this was nothing more than a boating accident.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 04:44 pm
Well, that won't wash. No power boats allowed on this very small lake. Laughing

I just found it rather ludicrous the terminology used.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:16 pm
Then obviously it was yet another tragic and horrifying canoeing accident. Or maybe kayak. Or paddleboat. Yeah, that's it paddleboat.

Yeah.

Sheesh, you're SO suspicious!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:18 pm
I agree with finding the word PARTS in reference to BODY makes this suspicious. Although..... maybe mild-mannered Reyn knows something we don't.
0 Replies

blacksmithn

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 08:28 pm
According to his neighbors, he's always such a quiet man... keeps to himself... only goes out at night to take long drives in his windowless van...

Nope, nothing suspicious here!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 09:24 pm
blacksmithn wrote:
Then obviously it was yet another tragic and horrifying canoeing accident. Or maybe kayak. Or paddleboat. Yeah, that's it paddleboat.

Yeah.

Sheesh, you're SO suspicious!

Actually, the truth may be closer to some idiot angler getting his fishing wire snagged in an already dead body, pulling like crazy, slicing it into various pieces.

Sound logical to me. That's it!

blacksmithn wrote:
According to his neighbors, he's always such a quiet man... keeps to himself... only goes out at night to take long drives in his windowless van...

Nope, nothing suspicious here!

My neighbors always were a-holes. Just wait until I get my hands on their turkey pot smoking kids! Naw, I better not get into that. Whole other story.

As for being quiet, you've got that right. I don't think my Echo hatchback could be considered a van though.

You'd have to pry me away from the computer first and away from my chess site. Laughing
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 09:41 pm
littlek wrote:
Although..... maybe mild-mannered Reyn knows something we don't.

You always were the nice one. Very Happy

You.....did mean that in a nice way, right? Right? Laughing
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 11:20 pm
From the Canna Island thread -

Reyn wrote:
This isn't one of those "Joe Nation" things, is it?

Has the eagle finally landed? Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 10:07 am
Huh? It's Sherlock Lezzles on duty again. Shocked

I'm just a simple lad.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Obviously suspicious in nature?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:16:44