Bandit uses The Force - on till

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 09:42 pm
Quote:
Bandit uses The Force - on till

By Lou Robson
October 08, 2006 12:00am

A THIEF crossed to the dark side when he donned a Darth Vader mask and robbed two Sunshine Coast service stations.

Police said the man, armed with a plastic toy gun, entered the Mobil service station on Noosa Drive at 12.30am on Friday and threatened a male attendant.

But the thief was unable to open the till and left empty handed.

A police spokesman said the Star Wars fan returned nearly three hours later and scanned a packet of chewing gum in order to open the cash register.

He escaped with an unknown amount of cash.

"The first time the man appeared, he was holding a toy gun and he approached the male console operator and demanded money," the spokesman said.

"The operator told him he couldn't open the cash register without scanning an item for purchase and the man ran off."

The same man is believed to have struck at the Caltex petrol station on Aerodrome Rd Maroochydore at 2am yesterday.

"A man wearing a Darth Vader mask approached the Maroochydore Caltex but the doors were locked and the attendant refused to open the doors," the spokesman said.

"The man stood outside for a few minutes and left."

A Noosa Heads Mobil employee jokingly suggested staff dress as Darth Vader's arch-enemy Luke Skywalker in order to scare the thief.

"We could come in dressed as Luke and have light swords and everything," he said.

The man was described as caucasian, in his early twenties, 170cm tall with a thin build. He was wearing a black shirt and black knee-length shorts.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,,5268197,00.jpg

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 315 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 05:53 am
Why would any service station employee -- or anyone else, come to that -- be intimidated by something that was immediately recognized as a toy pistol?
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:27 pm
Why did they let him back in, three hours later?

If he was disguised as Darth Vader, how could one tell he was 'caucasian'? Very Happy
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 07:43 pm
Why didn't he just use his light saber to open the register and intimidate the clerk?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 9 Oct, 2006 08:21 pm
lezzles wrote:
If he was disguised as Darth Vader, how could one tell he was 'caucasian'? Very Happy

The answer is in the picture. :wink:
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Tue 10 Oct, 2006 11:41 pm
If you were familiar with the Sunshine Coast, Reyn, you would realise that those arms could be very deceptive. The place is perennially choc-a-bloc with tourists from all over, and most locals would be sporting a bit of a tan. All the picture really shows was that he (probably a 'he', but then again....) is not black. Could be Caucasian, could be Mediterranean, could be Asian, could be from some of the islands in the Pacific.

I'm not implying it was a tourist, I'm sure it was a local AND probably a caucasian to boot - but who knows?

(The original Darth Vader's arms turned out to be 'fair' too - but he will always be James Earl Jones to me.)

I just noticed also he was described as having a thin build. From the picture, his arms look a bit hefty. :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 10:03 am
Tell me you're not going to pull out a pipe and say, "Elementary, my dear Reyn", or something like that. Laughing
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 09:46 pm
Of course not! Gave up smoking some time ago! Will have to take up the 7 percent solution. :wink:

Why do you set up the skittles if you don't want them knocked over? Very Happy

And please don't stop - your contributions provide a dash of sanity in an otherwise insane world (or something along those lines).
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 11 Oct, 2006 10:00 pm
lezzles wrote:
And please don't stop - your contributions provide a dash of sanity in an otherwise insane world (or something along those lines).

Laughing As I mentioned elsewhere, I haven't stopped posting, just reduced my time here.

It was interesting seeing people post more in H.I. after I reduced my time.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Bandit uses The Force - on till
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 10:20:45