Giant rabbit saved from cook pot

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:21 pm
Quote:
Giant rabbit saved from cook pot

After Herman the huge bunny hopped into the news on Friday, there have been lots of giant rabbit stories, but none as heart-warming as the tale of Rudi.
Rudi, like Herman, is a German Giant, and tips the scales at 8.7kg, a kilo more than Herman, and won the title 'Berlin Champion' at a competition.

His owner was going to eat him, but after his brush with fame, decided he was too fond of the monster rabbit.

"He is the king of the barn!" said Erwin Teichmann, of Berlin.

Robert the rabbit

Rudi crushes Herman's claim at the title of biggest bunny, but even he wasn't the heftiest hopper in the competitions.

That honour could go to Robert, who's owned by Karl Szmolinsky, and has reached a massive 9.2kg.

German Giants do not exist in the wild, but have been developed by breeders.

They need to weigh at least 7kg to qualify for the breed, and can live for as long as 12 years.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41309000/jpg/_41309696_robert_203.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 489 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Letty

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:32 pm
My word, Reyn. All this time I thought "Night of the Lepus" was just a bad science fiction movie. Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:48 pm
What a darling!

I once worked in a med lab where, yes, gasp, we made simple antisera to test for human immunoglobulins (how does anyone think that was tested for? we, all of us, have our sera full of immune antibodies) and our bunnies, the few they were, were not in the fields, but, well, not entirely wretched. That is arguable. In any case, we had an older bunny, and none of us in the department wanted to dispatch her for obvious reasons, and we all asked our friends if they wanted a bunny. A friend of mine did. Little did she know she was getting a giant whopper bunny, and I wasn't cognisant at the time that many bunnies were smaller. This friend of mine had a small apartment with balcony/new rabbit cage in west LA. If her landlord would know, both she and bunny would be out the door..

Giant whopper bunny lived out her remaining life in Malibu..

I'll admit this isn't the usual bunny life.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 03:59 pm
the face of the rabbit and the face of the guy go well together, I think. They make a very cute pair...
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 05:06 pm
haha, Three replies.....and no one's accused me of photo editing ....yet.

I must be slipping.

Love youse guys....... Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 8 Oct, 2006 05:19 pm
I've no idea if that big bunny was photo edited.

I'm glad my humongous big white lab bunny to friend to friend had a (sorta) ranch life...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Giant rabbit saved from cook pot
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:28:21