Childhood Favorites

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 08:40 am
Good Morning!
Well, as the summer break approaches, I'm looking for ways to keep my soon to be 7 year old busy. She learned to really read in school this year so I know we'll be busy at the local library.

I'm trying to put together a list of great books for her to read. And any and all suggestions would be great. Very Happy

My favorite is "Timothy and the Two Witches" by Margaret Storey, but it's out of print. Crying or Very sad

I've also been thinking about the Narnia tales but I'm not sure if they are a bit old for her. I own them all so I'll give it a shot.

So, hit me with your childhood favorites! Please!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,103 • Replies: 4
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 11 Jun, 2003 09:10 am
Ah, The Phantom Tollbooth, by Norton Juster.
0 Replies

jnfr

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 11:58 am
I'm not exactly sure at what age I read these books, I think they're more on the Narnia age level??? But I sure like A Little Princess (MUST have the illustrations by Tasha Tudor!), and my brother was read aloud Freddie the Pig books (there are tons of them), which are really cute, but you might have to buy them as they just were reprinted in the last couple of years, and JRR Tolkien has a cute little book called Roverandom (it's about a dog) that I liked....Smile
0 Replies

jnfr

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2003 12:31 pm
and my sister read The Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osbourn(e?).....brother and sister are magically transported to different places and times via a tree house. This series might be on the right level for a 7 year old.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sun 17 Aug, 2003 03:44 pm
Beatrix Potter
Roald Dahl - Revolting Rhymes etc
AA Milne
Rudyard Kipling - Just So Stories
0 Replies