I keep thinking about death.

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 02:20 am
Im not suicidal or anything like that but recently death seems to be all around.

At the beginning of the year someone I knew died by accident.
A few weeks back my friend tells me that a lovely girl we met at a freinds wedding reception died in a car crash, it would have been her 18th birthday the day after.
Then Steve Irwin dies in a freak accident, admittedly I didnt know him but its still shocking.

For some reason Im just really frightened.
Im flying for the first time in 6 years next week, now all I can think about is 9/11.

Please tell me I have little to worry about.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,098 • Replies: 29
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 03:38 am
Trust me, you have little to worry about. Statistics show that to be so.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 04:21 am
I hope so.I keep telling myself I could die in a car crash on the way to airport yet Im still driving!!

Its just odd thinking 'it' could be just round the corner and not knowing!!
0 Replies

lezzles

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 04:50 am
Certainly, death could be just around the corner!

So how do you cope with that? Shut yourself in a room, wrapped in cotton wool - never go anywhere, never see anyone, never take the slightest risk? If that is so, you may as well be dead, right?

Live your life to the fullest extent you can. (Just take normal precautions and don't walk all over other people.)

Like MA says - statistics are on your side.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 04:56 am
lezzles wrote:
and don't walk all over other people.)

What did youmean by that?
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:13 am
Sometimes it is good to keep things in perspective.

Death can hit anyone, anytime.
Best is, live everyday as if it was your last.
Don't waste your time on negative feelings or people who just use you!

But yes, statistically flying is a lot less dangerous than lots of things you probably do every day.
Like crossing busy roads.

Where are you flying to?
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:18 am
You are in control of the thought you put in your mind...

If you say you can't stop something and your heart will respond to that thought.

You simply reverse the thought.

Try it now...

Say, to yourself, I don't think about death.

Your heart will respond.

Your heart is a slave to the thought you put in your mind.

You actual heart is the inner most part of your mind.

Your physical heart only registers the thought you allow into your will.

You have one mind not two.

You choose the thoughts out of habit and if you feel some way it is because of your choices of thought you choose to believe.

I call them doctrines. If you say I am unhappy you will feel that way. Reverse that exact same logic and instantly your heart responds.

This does not work for all things (some are genetic tendencies) but it will work for thoughts of death.

I can't stop thinking about life... Smile
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:19 am
Spain.
Its not just flying, its just a general fear.I know im being silly but I just have this little niggling fear in my tummy and I dont like it!
Im sure Il shake it but its never been there before.

Id love to live each day as if it were the last but as i sit here im pondering about spending a bit more money than normal on someting that could make my life a bit more interesting.
See how silly I am.Why dont I just do it, I have the money!!
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:25 am
material girl wrote:
Spain.
Its not just flying, its just a general fear.I know im being silly but I just have this little niggling fear in my tummy and I dont like it!

Id love to live each day as if it were the last but as i sit here im pondering about spending a bit more money than normal on someting that could make my life a bit more interesting.

Reverse the logic, say to yourself, I DON'T have this little niggling fear in my tummy...

Try it...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:26 am
How coincidental is this!!Im a horoscope fan,( if it says something good il believe it, if its something bad il ignore it).
I just read this-

You are not usually very cautious but durng this period from now through the next few weeks you need to be very careful with travel plans, finances and people from foreign countries.Your imagination is working overtime now, thinking up all kinds of problems and situations that could come about.Fear not it is only your active imagination.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How freaky is that.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:29 am
RexRed wrote:
material girl wrote:
Spain.

Reverse the logic, say to yourself, I DON'T have this little niggling fear in my tummy...

Try it...

Im trying it, Im trying to think of nice things, its started to work a bit, thanks.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:32 am
material girl wrote:
How coincidental is this!!Im a horoscope fan,( if it says something good il believe it, if its something bad il ignore it).
I just read this-

You are not usually very cautious but durng this period from now through the next few weeks you need to be very careful with travel plans, finances and people from foreign countries.Your imagination is working overtime now, thinking up all kinds of problems and situations that could come about.Fear not it is only your active imagination.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How freaky is that.

Reverse the logic if it is bringing you down... Smile
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:33 am
No need, I like the end bit where it says 'fear not, its only your over active imagination'.
0 Replies

fresco

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:36 am
Material Girl,

Nothing to worry about....if you do die suddenly you won't be there to know ! :wink:
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:40 am
material girl wrote:
No need, I like the end bit where it says 'fear not, its only your over active imagination'.

It is empathy mixed with sadness. One must reasonably grieve, cry it out, then take hold of your thoughts and let the good memories carry you through...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:46 am
RexRed wrote:
and let the good memories carry you through...

Good memeories are a little hazy at this point in my life.
Suppose Im just generally reflecting on my life and need a kick in the butt about living.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:47 am
material girl wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Suppose Im just generally reflecting on my life and need a kick in the butt about living.

reverse

Good memeories are a clear at this point in my life...
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:48 am
RexRed wrote:
material girl wrote:
RexRed wrote:

reverse

Good memeories are a clear at this point in my life...

hehe, can i have some of yours?
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:49 am
Sounds exciting, actually, mat. Something new or out of your comfort zone- always a little freaky.

It is goooood. It means you're alive! Very Happy

Spain! Lucky girl.
0 Replies

RexRed

Reply Mon 2 Oct, 2006 05:49 am
material girl wrote:
RexRed wrote:
material girl wrote:
RexRed wrote:

Good memories are a little hazy at this point in my life.

reverse

Good memories are a clear at this point in my life...

hehe, can i have some of yours?

If I reversed mine you would look at me with horror, oops I mean joy... Smile
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » I keep thinking about death.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 10:40:30