Russians given time off to kindle passion

Reyn

Reply Sat 23 Sep, 2006 04:31 pm
Quote:

Sep. 22, 2006 at 6:28PM

Workers in the Ulyanovsk, Russia, received an unusual order from the area's governor: Go home to your loved one, relax and let nature take its course.

It was the most direct attempt yet to reverse the country's downward population trend, The Telegraph of London said Friday. Russian officials have been coming up with ways to help reverse what President Vladimir Putin called the country's biggest threat.

Sergey Morozov, governor of the Russian province, offered goodies for workers who took him up on his offer, The Telegraph said. His "Give Birth to a Patriot" campaign offered couples who give birth next year on June 12 -- Russia's Independence Day -- incentives ranging from appliances to a four-wheel-drive vehicle, depending on how many children the couple already has.

But the governor's incentives don't match the Kremlin's. During a speech in May, Putin promised to give nearly $9,599 to every mother who gives birth to a second child, the newspaper said.

With 793,000 more deaths than births in 2004, the Center for Demography said Russia's 142-million population is dropping faster than any other on the planet, The Telegraph reported.

Do we have any Russian A2Kers to give us a personal report of this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 462 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 09:29 pm
What sound does a pin make when dropping?
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 09:36 pm
I would imagine they're all busy right now, Reyn. Government orders and all. :wink:
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 25 Sep, 2006 11:05 pm
Oh, okay, I was wondering what that noise was in this thread.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 05:47 am
Just wait a few months, then check the Relationships and Parenting threads. We'll probably have dozens of Russians posting by then.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 09:30 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing

You always were my favourite. :wink:
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 10:36 am
Re: Russians given time off to kindle passion
Reyn wrote:
Quote:

Sep. 22, 2006 at 6:28PM

Workers in the Ulyanovsk, Russia, received an unusual order from the area's governor: Go home to your loved one, relax and let nature take its course.

It was the most direct attempt yet to reverse the country's downward population trend, The Telegraph of London said Friday. Russian officials have been coming up with ways to help reverse what President Vladimir Putin called the country's biggest threat.

Sergey Morozov, governor of the Russian province, offered goodies for workers who took him up on his offer, The Telegraph said. His "Give Birth to a Patriot" campaign offered couples who give birth next year on June 12 -- Russia's Independence Day -- incentives ranging from appliances to a four-wheel-drive vehicle, depending on how many children the couple already has.

But the governor's incentives don't match the Kremlin's. During a speech in May, Putin promised to give nearly $9,599 to every mother who gives birth to a second child, the newspaper said.

With 793,000 more deaths than births in 2004, the Center for Demography said Russia's 142-million population is dropping faster than any other on the planet, The Telegraph reported.

Do we have any Russian A2Kers to give us a personal report of this?

I don't think that's enough....
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 10:53 am
The reason the birth rate is declining is because Russian women are so damned ugly. All the time off in the world won't change that. Give the ladies some makeup and razors to shave their legs and the birth rate will start to rise again.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 26 Sep, 2006 12:35 pm
Reyn wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing

You always were my favourite. :wink:

Really? Cool

Smooches to you too, fella!

(And I wasn't even following orders!)
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Russians given time off to kindle passion
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:17:04