Smackdown From The Toilet Gods

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 01:50 pm
You wait all week for the weekend. Saturday is wonderful, if for no other reason than that it's Saturday. Then Sunday comes along and what happensÂ….your toilet starts leaking.

Yes, my toilet decided to start leaking today. For no apparent reason, the toilet gods decided to give me some smackdown.

So I'm sitting here waiting for a plumber from Roto Rooter to show up. They just called and told me they're on their way.

I can't go anywhere and I can't do anything because I've got to wait for Roto Rooter to get here. I don't have any idea how much this is going to cost either. But I have a feeling that calling a plumber on a weekend ain't gonna be cheap.

Oh, one other thingÂ….I have to "go." As in "use the facilities." Powder my nose, if you will. But I can't because I've got to wait for the plumber to get here and fix my toilet.

This weekend sucks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 599 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:08 pm
They're still not here yet. Where are they coming from, Jersey?

I'm fighting off hysteria now.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:12 pm
leaking?

from the bottom of the bowl? the tank?

<I'm a huuuuuuuge fan of toilet repair. Seriously.>
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:23 pm
If you have to do #1, go take a shower and let nature take its course.

If it's #2....use the litter box and cover it up.

or, just crap in anything and dump litter on it.

I won't tell.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:34 pm
It's leaking from the tank. There's a screw located under the tank on the left side that seems to be loose. That's where it's leaking from. I managed to tighten it up enough so that it's just dripping, but I can't get it to stop completely. Sad

I finally broke down, and just used the toilet. I couldn't wait anymore! Fortunately, it didn't drip too much when I used it. Phew!

Quote:
If it's #2....use the litter box and cover it up.

I might just do that next time...
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:38 pm
You should probably turn off the water entering the tank.

And follow the rest of Chai's instructions.
0 Replies

talk72000

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:45 pm
Use large glass jars as Anne Frank, family and fellow hide-outs did in their annex to avoid using the toilet thus alerting neighbors as to their presence.

Shut off water by turning off the valve. Then put sealant and gasket with washer to the screw. Tighten it. Turn the water back again. If it still leaks turn off the water and wait for the plumber. If you have time go to the nearest hardware store (or Home Depot) and get the necessary tools to fix the leak as the clerk is usually very knowledgable.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 02:56 pm
ehBeth wrote:
You should probably turn off the water entering the tank.

And follow the rest of Chai's instructions.

he he he....

I had a toilet back up when I was living in a trailer in the middle of nowhere....wasn't even such a thing as a plumber on sunday.

I had to make like a dog in the palmettos for 2 or 3 days.

ar ar aroooooo!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 03:20 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
I had a toilet back up when I was living in a trailer in the middle of nowhere....wasn't even such a thing as a plumber on sunday.

I had to make like a dog in the palmettos for 2 or 3 days.

ar ar aroooooo!

Chai doing her number:

http://www.impawards.com/1990/posters/pucker_up_and_bark_like_a_dog.jpg
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 04:19 pm
Welp, the Roto Rooter guy finally showed. It was the loose screw that was causing the problem. But I didn't have a wrench or pliers strong enough to fix it.

So he tightened it up....real good! Now my toitey's fine. Razz

Meanwhile, the toilet wasn't the only thing that got screwed! The plumber was here for all of ten minutes, and tightened one stupid screw....and charged me $145 bucks for it! Sad

Man, I'm in the wrong business...I should have become a plumber. Maybe I could at least marry one....
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 04:21 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
I should have become a plumber. Maybe I could at least marry one....

or buy some good pliers.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 04:27 pm
Yep, I should definately invest in that....

I got screwed tighter than the toilet did! This weekend is going down in my personal history of sucky weekends! ...sigh...
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 07:25 pm
Every woman needs a few "How To Fix It Yourself" type books. Time Publishing has a number of good ones on plumbing and basic house repair. Take a trip to a local book store and check them out under the "do it yourself" or "home repair" section. Get the ones with lots of pictures.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 07:58 pm
Good idea, Green Witch. I'll check it out! Maybe I should check out some classes at Home Depot too...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 10:30 pm
Chuckling that anyone at home depot knows anything... usually not much.
On the other hand, I've run into a retired plumber working at Lowe's, so ya never know.

Yes, there were people who knew stuff at old fashioned lumber yards. Most of them are gone now..

Okay, not all of them, but you get the idea.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 10:31 pm
You can find help online, Stray Cat.. ehbeth likely knows the sites better than I do. Thinking Taunton...
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Smackdown From The Toilet Gods
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 06:31:17