Let's fundraise!

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 11:25 am
Hello all;

I'm looking for your input for nice, smart, easy and efficient ways of fundraising for NGOs that would gather money in a creative, yet effective way. Besides making fundraising nights and dinners and selling pins and pens, what would be a creative idea to fundraise, which would be "people-friendly" i.e fun, easy and not "begging-like" ?

Let's fundraise!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,310 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 17 Sep, 2006 01:53 pm
I'm partial to the Non-Event: Send us X amound of money and we give you permission to stay home Saturday night in your comfortable clothes with people you love.

If you want to throw in the cost of the babysitter and the gas, we'd be even happier with your non-attendance.
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Mon 18 Sep, 2006 03:33 pm
how interesting!
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 05:17 am
how come its a FEATURED thread and only gets 1 reply?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 08:02 am
How about a silent auction/dinner? I'm sure local businesses would be willing to donate when offered free advertising. I live in a small suburb which has a local hometown weekly newspaper. It's about 20 pages so its small and easyreading. I had an article feature my fundraising efforts and sent letters to the businesses that advertise in it. Then after the event I thanked my sponsors in an editorial.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Fri 20 Oct, 2006 08:17 am
How about a raffle?

Find someone willing to donate a prize, something that a lot of people would want, and would pay decent money for tickets.

I don't know what your budget is, but this performing arts center that was being built here (The Long Center) raffled off a Porche Carrera, selling $100 tickets.

You can be sure I bought a ticket for that! (actually, I bought 2...hey, you only go around once in life, and why not do it in a carrera :wink: )?
0 Replies