Weird Musings

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 02:09 pm
I just saw something about OJ Simpson on the news. It reminded me of a somewhat strange incident that happened to me a few years ago.

One day at work, my co-workers and I were sitting around chatting when the subject of the Simpson trial happen to come up. I don't remember how we got on that subject. We'd never discussed it before, and never did again. But, for some reason, it happen to come up in the conversation that day.

We all agreed that OJ was guilty. We discussed the various how's and why's that enabled him to get off the hook, and what a travesty it was that he was going around playing golf, living the good life, and avoiding taking any responsibility for the crime he'd committed.

That evening when I got home, I found a letter in my mailbox that had obviously been mis-delivered. It was addressed to someone by the name of "Nicole Brown." Yes, the same name as Simpson's murdered wife. Weird.

I'm sure it was just a coincidence, but it seemed kinda spooky at the time. It almost felt like Simpson's wife was reaching out to me, saying, "You're right! He did it!"

Have you ever had some little thing like that happen, that was probably just a coincidence, but it seemed strangely connected to something else?

......Something that probably had a logical explanation, but seemed weird or uncanny because of the timing?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 766 • Replies: 17
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 03:52 pm
Happens all the time. Most of the time we just don't notice the "coincidences" or ignore them. I can't think of a specific example just now, but I know there have been lots of times when I've said to myself: "Now, isn't that strange? Just this afternoon I was . . ."
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 9 Sep, 2006 04:29 pm
A great great grandmother was born exactly 125 years before me, to the day.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 01:57 pm
Wow, that is uncanny. I wonder if you resemble her?

Maybe we are all just recycled great-great grandparents?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:06 pm
One time I checked my mail and there was a letter addressed to a Ms. Heidi Scoland. I didn't know anyone by that name! Then I checked the address and saw the address on it was different from mine! And the return address was from someone I had never heard of!

In other words, nuthin too strange in the mail. But I have certainly had my share of weird experiences.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sun 10 Sep, 2006 02:09 pm
That was a fascinating story, Nick! Thanks for sharing that.

Maybe you should've tried to contact Heidi Scoland. She sounds like a hot number...
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 09:45 am
I find people with the same name appear in my life at the same time... this happens over and over and over. At one time, there were five women named variations of Patricia (Pat, Patti, etc)... then I worked with 3 Michelles, not actually in my office, but through work... and right now it's Christines - they're popping up all over. Oh, and I just went through a Tania/Tanya/Tonia phase!
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 11:00 am
interesting, i was just listening to a bbc documentary about coincidences

one story that was kind of weird, a group of people were hiking in the lakes district (uk), and the yhappened to be near a phone box on the side of the road, the phone rang and one of the girls answered it, the person asked for a certain person and the girl answering said you must have the wrong number, this is a public phone box, she then told the other person on the phone that she knew somebody by the name the y were seeking when she was at school, the person on the other end then said she also knew this person from school,at which point the girl in the lakes district and the person on the phone realised they too knew each other from the same school and had not sen each other in years

while the comentator remarked on the astounding odds of this happening he also remarked on the number of times this doesn't happen, as he said this odd event occured during one phone call, but at that time there were probably half a million phone calls ongoing that were perfectly dull and ordinary
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 12:39 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
That was a fascinating story, Nick! Thanks for sharing that.

Maybe you should've tried to contact Heidi Scoland. She sounds like a hot number...

I discovered that Hiedi lived about 2 blocks away from me! I gave the letter back to the postman and he promised to deliver it to the correct address. Perhaps I should have knocked on her door and delivered the letter to Ms Scoland personally. Maybe I blew my chance at eternal happiness with an awesome lady! Some things are just weird.

I did a thread on paranormal phenomenon if anyone wants to check out http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26144&highlight=
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 01:26 pm
NickFun wrote:
Stray Cat wrote:
Maybe I blew my chance at eternal happiness with an awesome lady! Some things are just weird.

I did a thread on paranormal phenomenon if anyone wants to check out http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26144&highlight=

Or maybe when Heidi answered the door you'd realized she was an 89 year old woman who had just pooped her diapers, who would insist you come in while she cleaned herself up.

Well, being a kind person, you would, holding Heidi's letter to give to her once she came out.

A couple of minutes later, she comes out, but you realize you never heard any water running in the bathroom.

Trying to be a gracious hostess, she toddles into the kitchen and comes out with some choclate covered cherries in her bare hands, and says to you "Open up sonny, I'll just pop one of these into your mouth."

You say to her, "Oh, that's ok, I see that the choclate has melted all over your hands", to which she replies, "No, I just took these out of the refridgerator.

missed opportunities.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 04:15 pm
Quote:
I find people with the same name appear in my life at the same time

I've had something sort of like that. The number seven keeps popping up in my life. At several places where I've lived, if you add up the numbers in the street address, they add up to seven. Either that, or there is a seven in the number.

Significant things happen to me on dates of the month or year with the number seven. For instance, I'll be hired or start a new job on the 7th or the 17th. Or I'll meet a special guy on the 7th day of the month. Weird....
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 04:42 pm
Wow, Nick! I was just reading some of your thread! That story you told was really something! (So was the story Equus told!)

You know what they say about tennis courts...."if you build them....they will come...."
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 07:26 pm
A few years ago I went to meet with my mortgage broker. I knew her first name but not her last. When I sat down at her desk I noticed her name plate and that she shared the exact same first and last name as my daughters best friends mother. As it turns out, she informed me that there are two of them in town and proceeded to tell me the story. Her and her ex were neighbors with L and B. L left her husband while 6 months pregnant and moved into a seperate home with the other L's husband who she married shortly after the divorces. Apparently there was a little affair going on between neighbors. Not a wierd musing I have to admit but a very uncomfortable situation for me.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 07:30 pm
good lord marty, I hate when some relative stranger starts telling stories like that about their sex lives.

Trying to keep your face composed and thinking "WHY is she telling me all this?"
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 09:09 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
The number seven keeps popping up in my life. At several places where I've lived, if you add up the numbers in the street address, they add up to seven. Either that, or there is a seven in the number.

Significant things happen to me on dates of the month or year with the number seven. For instance, I'll be hired or start a new job on the 7th or the 17th. Or I'll meet a special guy on the 7th day of the month. Weird....

What's weird about that is that anyone would bother to add up the numbers in their street address just to see if they add up to seven or whatever. I suspect that this is one of those cases where the number keeps cropping up because you keep looking for it. Guy asks you out on a date and if it happens to be the 7th of the month, you notice it. Never mind that he also asked you out on the 13th of last month. That doesn't count. And -- wow! get this! -- he said, "I'll pick you up at seven tonight." What an incredible coincidence...not.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Mon 11 Sep, 2006 10:50 pm
Well, actually, it just occurred to me one day that the numbers of my street address added up to 7. Then I thought back to all the other places that I'd lived, and just about all of the addresses added up to 7.

And yes, I did actually think that was a hell of a coincidence.

Quote:
What's weird about that is that anyone would bother to add up the numbers in their street address just to see if they add up to seven or whatever.

Maybe, but I'm betting you've done weirder things.

I also can't control the date on which someone offers me a job or asks me out. I usually realize -- after the fact -- that it occurred on a date with a seven in it. I don't go around planning my life around "seven" dates -- as if I could.

But I just realized something!!

Hey, everybody!! I think I'm having an ESP moment here! It's like I know something without being told -- even though no one has come out and said it. I just know it!

MA had a bad day today.....
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 08:50 am
Laughing Laughing Laughing

Suffering from a terrible head cold. In fact, didn't go to work today. Smile
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 12 Sep, 2006 08:55 am
Drink some chicken soup, if you have it, MA - hope you feel better soon.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Weird Musings
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:38:44