Head On - Nice to Meet You - Need help finding this song

chiso

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 08:58 am
Head On - Nice to Meet You

This song is on Playstation 2's "ATV Offroad Fury 2" game soundtrack. I've searched the internet and can not find it. I did find the lyrics posted at "Songmeanings.net" but nothing else.

I found another band called Head On out of England - but their website makes no mention of the song, and on the songs they do have out the lead singer is certainly not the same person.

I searched Limewire and Morpheus and haven't found it either. I could probably get some software and extract the song from the Playstation CD but would rather not go that route. I think that would be some kind of copyright infringement...and I would NEVER do anything illegal. Neutral

I just want the song in MP3 format. Sh|t, I would bye the CD if they had one out.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,777 • Replies: 14
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 10:39 am
I found this:

Quote:
October 16, 2002 - SCEA today announced the lineup of licensed songs that will make up the soundtrack to ATV Offroad Fury 2, its upcoming online quad racing game. The list is somewhat improved from what appeared in early preview versions, although we remain somewhat disappointed by the lack of Iron Maiden tracks. Here's the full listing:

Alien Ant Farm -- "Courage"
Baldwin Brothers -- "8 Cylinder Jam"
Blackalicious -- "Paragraph President"
BT -- "The Revolution"
Cypress Hill -- "Amplified"
Deadsy -- "The Key To Grammercy Park"
Filter -- "American Cliche"
Filter -- "So I Quit"
Garbage -- "Parade"
Head On -- "Nice To Meet You"
Jurassic 5 -- "What's Golden"
Korn -- "Here To Stay"
Logan 7 -- "Boomshakalaka"
Lost Prophets -- "Shinobi vs. Dragon Ninja"
Mekon -- "What's Going on Mekon?"
Quarashi -- "Stick 'em Up"
Riddlin' Kids -- "Pick Up The Pieces"
Stereomud -- "Don't Be Afraid"
Systematic -- "Thick Skin"
System of a Down -- "Science"
Utah Saints -- "Techknowledgy"
0 Replies

chiso

Reply Fri 8 Sep, 2006 01:25 pm
No wonder they call you boomerang...just kidding. Smile

Yes, that's the soundtrack. But this band (Head On) was apparently some studio band and has disappeared entirely. It also appears they did not release this as a single because I can't find it anywhere. I've searched databases of 'music download' sites and have not found this song.

Thanks for trying.
0 Replies

mjrydsfast

Reply Thu 12 Oct, 2006 04:25 pm
Nice to Meet You
The song is available on CMJ's New Music CD, November 2002 if you can find it. I like the band's sound and wanted to check out their entire work but I couldn't find it and stumbled across this. I hope it helps. Most used (independent) music stores carry old CMJ New Music Discs. You may even want to drop them a line at CMJ.com and see if they'll allow you to download it or send the disc if they can find one. Again, November of 2002, issue 107. Also on that disc, 18 others whom I've never heard of. That is why CMJ is so great! New means "new"!
0 Replies

IRockRadio

Reply Thu 14 Dec, 2006 11:02 am
HEAD ON- NICE TO MEET YOU
Head On was a band out of Chicago, that was signed to I believe Columbia records, after their second show. They released a single with two tracks one is "Nice To Meet You" the other is "Better Days". Somewhere around 2003, the single "Nice to Meet You" came out and they did a tour, this is how our radio show got a copy of this single. Since then it has been silence. I believe mostly due to the fact that either the band broke up, or they didn't get the green light on the album and columbia swept up all the recordings. we play the single sometimes on our podcasts, that would be the best way to get a copy of it. Really Good Song though.

Adrian & I-Rock
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed
0 Replies

chiso

Reply Fri 5 Jan, 2007 08:58 pm
Crazy! I was once again searching to see if I could find anything about this song;

I googled: "head on" "nice to meet you" lyrics

Number one on the list of 11,800 hits is THIS THREAD. Hilarious. Anyway, I stopped looking for any kind of reply after a few weeks and just now saw your two.

So, thank you each very much. Happy New Year!
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 6 Jan, 2007 12:13 am
ABLE 2 KNOW strikes again!.
0 Replies

ultima44390

Reply Sun 7 Jan, 2007 11:45 am
i want that song but i cant find it anywhere...CMJ's website dosent have any november cd made...but i want that song so bad
0 Replies

got it

Reply Fri 8 Jun, 2007 09:26 pm
i found the song if anyone still wants it. my email is [email protected]. email me if u want it and ill send it back to you. it was crazy hard to find this song...
0 Replies

Zacman200

Reply Sat 30 Jun, 2007 03:56 pm
Hi I found it!
It was sooooo hard to find and i didnt really find it
I was on youtube (USERNAME:zacman200) and seached for Nice to meet you And there was a video it was like random Nice to meet you video and what i did was got from www.downloads.com a recorder and recorded the entire song Ill try to put it on Limewire but theres gonna be like no one downloading it The Title is Nice To Meet You - Head On

If you want it by email my email is
[email protected]

I hoped this helped Exclamation
0 Replies

eggshake81

Reply Wed 8 Aug, 2007 08:34 pm
i got it
I have the song- So e-mail me at [email protected] if you want it
0 Replies

Zacman200

Reply Fri 21 Dec, 2007 01:03 pm
SONG FOUND
Surprised Go Here To Download It
YOUR WELCOME!!!!
HEAD ON RAPIDSHARE!
0 Replies

ryons

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 02:04 pm
I found the promo with:

Nice to meet you
and
Better day

If you want them you can give me an AIM at Shadow9292002
0 Replies

ryons

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:30 am
Myspace link
http://www.myspace.com/realheadonmusic
0 Replies

LENNDOGG99

Reply Sun 10 May, 2009 01:21 am
I WAS LOOKING FOR THIS SONG TO FOR A LONG TIME I FOUND 2 CDS FOR SALE ON AMAZON THE TITLE OF THEIR CD IS (INSIDE) BY HEAD ON
I BOUGHT 1 OF THEM THEIR MIGHT STILL BE ONE LEFT IT HAS 12 SONGS ON IT THE CD WAS $13 + 2.98 S&H HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE IT IS A PRETTY GOOD CD.
0 Replies