An Apology and a Farewell

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:28 am
So, lately I've been around, but I haven't really been around. You might have noticed...I haven't really been me.

Things in my life have been pretty crazy. For the most part, I try and keep my personal crisis' (the real ones) off of A2K. And frankly, I don't want to get into details now but it's literally been one thing after another.

And to top it all off, I almost killed Zoe yesterday. Ok, not me really but I failed to dispose of some old medicine properly and...well, you can finish this story yourself, topping my nasty last few weeks off with a big bleeding ulcer from worrying about my dog. And then a pm from someone on my boxer forum telling me what an irresponsible and bad owner I was and that she feared for my dogs life and that I should "get myself together". Never in my life, have I felt so bad about something already and then to have someone tell me that I didn't care...it was just too much. Topped the cake of my life.

Zoe, by the way is ok.

I think that maybe, it's just time for me to take a break from A2K...take a break from all my cyber friends really (this forum and the others). I don't feel like I am fitting in right now with the crowd. And if I can't contribute, what's the point of my being here? Don't take that in the wrong way....(here are the infamous last 5 words...) It's not you, it's me.

I come on here and see everyone else's life and their problems and I want to post my support but it's hard when my head is filled with my own issues and my heart is heavy with my own personal concerns. If I do post, it sounds generic and insincere. And I take pride in the fact that I am always honest and sincere, so sounding or coming across as otherwise is no good for me.

I don't want any one to think that I don't care. So to anyone who is having a hard time right now, if I missed your thread...I am sorry.

I just wanted to first off, explain my weirdness of late and to let anyone who might care know that I probably won't be on much for a while.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,689 • Replies: 30
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:35 am
We'll miss you Bella, but I understand the need for everyone to take a break sometimes.

Don't feel bad about the medicine and Zoe, everyone makes mistakes and it only takes one small oversight for accidents to happen. We all know how much you love her and how hard you work to take care of her.
I hope you feel better soon and everything works out for the best.
0 Replies

spidergal

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:35 am
All the best with your sabbatical, Bella. Hope when we see you next, you are rejuvenated and out of the woods.

(Oh, and I do sincerely hope that something positive comes out of your persistent efforts for the novel.)
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:36 am
Bella, I believe I'm right in thinking that you were the first person to answer my initial post when I joined A2K. Since then, I've come to like and respect you very much, and will sorely miss you if you take a break from us.

However, you know what you need to do, and therefore I can only wish you well in whatever you will be getting up to while you're away.

I also hope that your health improves quickly, and you eventually come back refreshed and ready for a good romp with me and the boys on one of those naughty knockabout threads.

Look after yourself, dear lady.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:42 am
(sigh)

NOW who will I bs with???

i know, i know

its ALL about me..

Confused
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:53 am
Bella,

If you need a break from A2K, you should take one. You can still post once in a while (at least to say hello to shewolf). Shewolf without Bella is like..... (i can think of a hundred analogies, but you already know what i mean).
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:57 am
Poor Beautiful Bella.

Re Zoe-It was a mistake,thankfully I bet youl never do it again after such a scare.
All we can do is learn from such situations and move on.

We will miss you but, go do what you need to do.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 07:58 am
Hey, Bella.

I'm glad to hear Zoe is fine. There's no way anyone could honestly think you're a bad dog owner or generally uncaring. We know better.

I'm sorry you're having a rough time. You have to do what you think is best. Taking a break is fine, have done so myself, but you'll be back when the time is right. Thanks for the heads up. Catch your breath and clear your head. You know you'll be missed and welcomed back by many open arms and outstretched hands.

Take gentle care, Bella.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:01 am
Thanks everyone...I might pop in to say hello but I don't feel like I am much use or fun right now, so that's the reason for my temporary departure.

That, and I have 5 people coming this weekend to stay in my 950 sq foot home...that's 7 people and a dog. Must prepare....(ok, I have SOME humor left in me)
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:44 am
Hiatus
bella:

So sorry to see that you're troubled. Since my coming back to A2K (after my long break), I've noticed you and read your threads. You seem like (and are) a thoughtful and caring person. Try not to take that boxer forum member's comments to heart. Remember that this person might be having their own issues and they could be the type that loves torturing sensitive caring souls like yourself. Please don't allow people like them into your head or heart. Know that your presence is valued here.

Good luck if you decide to taker a hiatus, but come back to A2K. Please, make sure your laptop is nailed down thoroughly, though!
Very Happy
Russ
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 08:51 am
Bella
Darling Bella, take a rest, but come back soon.

BBB Sad
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 09:02 am
Bella, we are all very fond of you. We know you are a good doggie mom. Take a break if you need to, but please c'mon back.
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 09:07 am
Bella Dae,

Thank you so much for your words of advice and encouragement to get out of a less than desireable situation. I always feel badly taking advice and support from someone and then not be there when they need someone. Hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your company! Hope to hear from you soon!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 09:12 am
We will miss you Bella. Shewolfe may bs with me if she feels the need to bs. Come back soon!
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 09:59 am
I'll miss you to Bella, doll. Take care of yourself.

I also have to add.....

I can't believe someone sent you an email like that. I'd hate to think of what they would think of me!

My dog ate tulip bulbs and almost died. She ate tomato plants and almost died. She almost died because I trusted my vet and her wrong diagnosis. Another dog almost died by having a bad reaction to a flea treatment. Yet another dog ate a packet of birth control pills and all of her hair fell out. One cat nearly died when she OD'd on kitty tranquilizers, leaving me searching for an all night vet in an unfamiliar city. Another cat got hit by a car and ended up with a rock embedded in her brain for the rest of her long life. Yet another cat dislocated both of her hips.

My pet "crimes" stretch over years of animal love.

I'd like to have a word with the little twerp who said that to you.

<grrrrr>

You enjoy your break and get some rest and come back all refreshed.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:08 am
I hope you don't let one bad apple spoile the whole barrel of fun for you...

Having recently gotten my own... stuff... together, I understand. Don't insist on doing everything yourself, though. One of the best pieces of advice I got on getting it together was that I needed to say "no" more....
0 Replies

Lord Ellpus

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:13 am
boomerang wrote:

My dog ate tulip bulbs and almost died. She ate tomato plants and almost died. She almost died because I trusted my vet and her wrong diagnosis. Another dog almost died by having a bad reaction to a flea treatment. Yet another dog ate a packet of birth control pills and all of her hair fell out. One cat nearly died when she OD'd on kitty tranquilizers, leaving me searching for an all night vet in an unfamiliar city. Another cat got hit by a car and ended up with a rock embedded in her brain for the rest of her long life. Yet another cat dislocated both of her hips...........

At last! I've met the American "Life's small disasters" equivalent of me!

Haven't ever had a pruning accident, have you?
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:22 am
Bella,

Don't stay away too long...

I will miss you, I like you very much.

Take care of yourself.

Sarah
xxxxx
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:23 am
Au revoir, Bella. I understand, but I will miss you. I hope you don't feel the need to stay away too long.

Be kind to yourself.

(((((HUGS)))))
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 6 Sep, 2006 10:59 am
Bella--

This too shall pass. When you come back, we'll hold a welcome party.

Hold your dominion.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » An Apology and a Farewell
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 09/28/2024 at 06:16:43