Pearl Jams Eddie Vedder Makes Me Ponder.........

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 08:49 am
Never been a huge Pearl Jam fan, I don't know exactly know why, they're very good and Eddie Vedder and I are on the same page about many things, but who knows.

I read a Rolling Stone interview with him this morning and I have to say however, that his stock went up with me. He seems very grounded, bright and down to earth, accepting his celebrity without succumbing to it.

Seems like a really cool guy.

A couple of local papers are going to interview me prior to my bands reunion show...you know, local interest stuff and I imagine an opportunity will arise for me to speak on how I feel about what's currently going on because I'm fairly well known to be outspoken.

This reunion show is looking like a sellout, and the boys in the band have asked me to shut up about politics or GWB so people won't give us the Dixie Chicks treatment. On a smaller level of course Smile.

I won't volunteer but if it comes up, I have to speak my mind. Is that a screw up? I realize no one cares what some local musician says, but when asked, I have to speak up or who am I?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,501 • Replies: 23
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 11:08 am
I like eddie very much.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 12:38 pm
BPB - can't you be somewhat diplomatic? Then again, it would be a good opportunity to get your opinion out.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 12:44 pm
I personally don't like hearing musicians talk about politics when I'm at a concert...it actually drives me nuts. An interview is different...I don't mind reading a few lines, but keep it short+to the point.

And don't forget to mention "Save Slappy Doo Hoo."
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 01:28 pm
Oh yeah never talk about politics during the show...not with an ocean of big hooters right in front of you and just below you...18 year olds don't talk politics and I'm 54 going on 18 that night......
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 01:40 pm
I think the interview is the place to show the world what you think, and the concert is the place to rock. So, go ahead, speak your mind if it comes up, and of course, post the link and/or the interview. Eddie and I haven't always seen eye to eye, but I think he is cool, and I LOVED the video for 'Do the Revolution'...that one I could relate to...
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 10:51 pm
yeah, Eddie and I haven't always seen eye to eye either, but in interviews he does come across as a cool guy. Nice eye candy, too. Anyone recall the name of the song Pearl Jam did about suicide where all the arbiters of good taste went nuts because they thought the kid in the video was shooting others rather than himself? Guess suicide was okay with them . . .
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 10:57 pm
just don't do a carlos santana, love his music but when he starts to ramble on, he makes even slappy sound like a friggin' genius Laughing
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 11:10 pm
just heard on the radio that mick jagger is a little disappointed. it seems that no womens underwear was being thrown on the stage like in the old days, but there were a few mens underwear thrown Laughing
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 07:43 am
Easy pal, Slappy is a freakin genius. I should know, I are one to.
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 07:46 am
we should all be lucky enough to be in Jaggers condition at 60. He's rich, comfortable, still does what he loves, in better physical shape than most 20 year olds, and I would suspect still does ok with the ladies when he wants to. Cool :wink:
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:07 am
Sweetcomplication, that video was "Jeremy."

And I is 2 a genius. I'm a colledge gaditate.

So did I tell you about the time when I was seven years old, and reallywantedanicecreamconebutheicecreamstorewasclosedsothenwewentotheconviencestoreinsteadbutheydidnothaveanymorepurpleslushandthatiswhatslappywantedsoinsteadtheredslushwouldhavetodowellthatreallysuckedthanksforlisteningandumassdartmouthfootballrules!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:17 am
Slappy should write for Suicidal Tendencies...are you on drugs??? NO mom... You're on drugs! All I wanted was a Pepsi!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 08:24 am
From you dad!

I LEARNED IT FROM WATCHING YOU!
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 09:17 am
WARNING: extremely harsh language...these guys Disturbed seem to be the new contenders, and I don't think they had a happy Mother's day:

"Down With The Sickeness"

Drowning deep in my sea of loathing
Broken your servant I kneel
It seems what's left of my human side
Is slowly changing in me

Looking at my own reflection
When suddenly it changes
Violently it changes (oh no)
There is no turning back now
You've woken up the demon in me

Get up, come on get down with the sickness
Open up your hate, and let it flow into me
You mother get up
You ****** get up
Madness is the gift, that has been given to me

I can see inside you, the sickness is rising
Don't try to deny what you feel
It seems that all that was good has died
And is decaying in me

It seems you're having some trouble
In dealing with these changes
Living with these changes (oh no)
The world is a scary place
Now that you've woken up the demon in me

(And when I dream)
No mommy, don't do it again
Don't do it again
I'll be a good boy
I'll be a good boy, I promise
No mommy don't hit me
Why did you have to hit me like that
Why did you have to be such a bitch
Why don't you,
Why don't you **** off and die
Why can't you just **** off and die
Why can't you just leave here and die
Never stick your hand in my face again bitch
**** YOU
I don't need this ****
You stupid sadistic abusive ******* whore
How would you have to see how it feels mommy
Here it comes, get ready to die
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 11:36 am
I have a guy who sings this every monday at my karaoke show. My, it is uplifting.
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 01:41 pm
BPB, somehow, I ponder....what would this sound like at karaoke night? I can see it being funny if it was a Japanese businessman who didn't speak English too well....I loved Richard Sakai's karaoke cameo in The Simpsons. If it is just some kid though, yeah, that's a misery...
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 01:58 pm
it's a numetal head, it was funny the first 100 times Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

cavfancier

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 02:01 pm
Urgh...I feel for ya
0 Replies

blueveinedthrobber

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 02:23 pm
I tune it out, believe me there are worse things. I have a guy who sings courtesy of the red white and blue so much that even the rednecks are sick of it.

I have a girl who comes in and has me sing Paradise by the dashboard lights with her every Sunday. She sounds like she's having an abortion with a molten brass poker.

But I make 'em happy. I bill myself (with tongue in cheek, way in) as the man who puts the care in karaoke. Rolling Eyes :wink:
0 Replies