Music and the test of time

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 02:20 pm
I've just come across a copy of "The Beatles Rubber Soul" . I played it for the first time in over 20 years, maybe 30. Listening to it thru headphones with the loud knob turned up, what suddenly stood out for me was Macca's bass playing
I'd forgotten just what a truly brilliant rock and roll album Rubber Soul is. Lyrics and music.
Have you got a long lost album that is a real stand out
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,154 • Replies: 9
No top replies

boomerang

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 02:24 pm
The Clash's "London Calling" and the Ramones "Road to Ruin" will always be two of my favorites.

Now that you've got me thinking about it I'll probably think of a million more reasons to try to find a turntable because, yes, I still have all my favorite vinyl.
0 Replies

Dartagnan

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 03:17 pm
I played an old Incredible String Band album recently: "The Hangman's Beautiful Daughter". Made me feel young again--which takes some doing!
0 Replies

bobsmyth

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 03:19 pm
Harry Belafonte at Carnegie Hall. I found myself thinking of it last week. Now I can't get it out of my head.
0 Replies

patiodog

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2003 03:29 pm
Ah, I don't know how many copies of "London Calling" I've owned. The keep getting messed up or people make off with them, and I keep buying it.

The Stones' "Beggar's Banquet" and "Let it Bleed" do it for me.

And I suspect I'm going to dig out the Fugees' "The Score" (already half a decade old) in 20 years and wonder why I ever lost track of it.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2003 02:39 pm
billie holliday - just can't listen if I'm feeling too down though - before my time but I love blues
0 Replies

sweetcomplication

Reply Thu 5 Jun, 2003 10:54 pm
anyone see the movie "Billy Elliot"; London Calling by the Clash is part of the soundtrack; also "Children of the Revolution". . . great movie, great music - check it out!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 05:05 am
I still play all my favorite old albums as though they were hot new sounds. I rarely get an opportunity to rediscover the best ones.
0 Replies

Swimpy

Reply Fri 6 Jun, 2003 06:15 pm
I still love the Kinks. I think I always will.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 7 Jun, 2003 12:45 pm
Swimpy wrote:
I still love the Kinks. I think I always will.

me too Very Happy
0 Replies