Were the pigeons pissed, or hungry?

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 12:42 pm
Yesterday I was sitting on a park bench with my bitch(please, I'm too much of a gentleman to refer to her as my "ho"), and there were a couple of pigeons walking around about 10-15 feet in front of us.

Above them sitting on a building ledge was a bunch more.

So first I threw a small pebble at one of the pigeons on the ground, and it jumped straight up in the air over it. Pretty funny. Then it came walking right over to us, turned around and walked away.

So I picked up a bottle cap on the ground, and threw it in it's direction...relax PETA people, I didn't try to hit it, I'm not that big of a dick.

This time, all the pigeons came flying off the ledge right at us. I got up and ran away, but they didn't fly all the way over, they stopped about halfway, landed on the ground for a second, then turned around and went back up on the ledge. Either way pigeons scared the sh!t out of me.

I wonder if they just thought it was food, or did I almost re-enact a scene from "The Birds?"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,557 • Replies: 30
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 12:48 pm
Perhsp you should consult an ornithologist about this perplexing and baffling phenomenon. You may have stumbled upon something that will change the course of humanity.
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 12:52 pm
Ha ha ha ha ha. Sounds like you deserved it slappy!

Think urban critters are all going mental these days. I was recently chased by a crazed squirrel.

x
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 01:08 pm
Pigeons are bastards!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 01:10 pm
NickFun wrote:
Perhsp you should consult an ornithologist....

Perhaps you should invest in a Speak n' Spell.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOLL Smile Wink LOLOLOLROTLMLAOFLOLOLOLOL
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 01:44 pm
I agree that I spelled "perhaps" wrong but at least I spelled "ornithologist" correctly.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 01:50 pm
So did your bitch laugh at you when you ran from the pigeons?
0 Replies

Dorothy Parker

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 01:52 pm
Surely she would've been too scared in case he "popped a cap in her ass!"
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 01:52 pm
nimh wrote:
So did your bitch laugh at you when you ran from the pigeons?

She freaked out too, and she's Ms. Wildlife.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 02:58 pm
pigeons are so annoying...they'll never completely get out of your way. They're like douchebags who stand in the middle of an aisle or blocking up a doorway, and act all surprised when you ask them to move.
"huh? oh me? am I in your way?"

I really don't know how the species has survived.

almost every morning I drive up to a bunch of them that are always hanging out a block from my house, and they don't freakin' move!

They'll actually get underneath the car and I have to beep my horn. Then, all of a sudden it's like "AAAAAAAKKKK!!! THERE'S A CAR OVER US!!!" and they'll all fly out.

Whenever I'm walking and managing to get a bunch of them airborne, I'll always say to anyone near me "Don't you feel like you're in Venice?"

Try it. It's really good for some strange looks.

so...how's things goin' with this bitch? you in love or wha?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 03:26 pm
Chai Tea wrote:

It's awful. She's morbidly obese, smells like onions, and has tattoos on her face.
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 03:37 pm
dem's city pigeons.
they're used to us because we feed them, so they don't consider us to be predators.

the pigeons in rural areas are deathly afraid of humans, and avoid us at all costs...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 04:10 pm
Region Philbis wrote:
dem's city pigeons.
they're used to us because we feed them, so they don't consider us to be predators.

the pigeons in rural areas are deathly afraid of humans, and avoid us at all costs...

Us?

You're an amoeba...what are you going to do to them, give them the sniffles?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 04:26 pm
I have a shitload of pigeons in my barn. Usually when I walk inside they all take off, especially if I have my shotgun. Their preferred method of escape is to fly out the diamond shaped window on the barn end.

For you city folks, I'll submit this photo... (Not my barn, by the way; my barn isn't in nearly such good condition)

http://www.terrasol.net/images/gallery/300TRbefore.JPG

So, now you have an idea what I'm talking about.

Sometimes I like to play this little game. I will sneak into the barn so as to not wake the pigeons, and climb the ladder which is attached to the wall until I reach the diamond shape window. Then, I yell, "WAKE UP YOU FRIGGIN' PIGEONS!!"

The pigeons start flying for their lives, straight toward the diamond-shape window.

In their haste they don't see me sitting there. They don't notice I have a tennis racket in my hand.

I usually manage to nail about three of the bastards and the sight of them flying backwards across the barn and hitting the far wall with a thumping noise brings a smile to my lips every time.

I think I'll go get some pigeons right now.

It's been a while.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 05:10 pm
Watch out! I bet they're looking for revenge.

http://x91.xanga.com/a62b65223863130104873/z12896570.jpg
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 05:51 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:

It's awful. She's morbidly obese, smells like onions, and has tattoos on her face.

Oh come on.

She's not THAT heavy.

http://www.funfry.com/data/516/medium/lady_face_piercings_tattoos_tongue_funfry_resize.JPG
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 06:30 pm
I wish she was that attractive.

So did the pigeons think I was feeding them, or was it a threat? I don't know what the f*ck pigeons do.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 06:42 pm
Gus, I find I can run a similar excercise on old people using screen doors. Good times.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 07:51 pm
you try that **** with me doo hoo, and they wont ever find your body.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Mon 21 Aug, 2006 07:53 pm
Pigeons = Sky Carp
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Were the pigeons pissed, or hungry?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 12:48:14