Banking online - is it really secure?

Walter Hinteler

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 03:12 pm
fishin wrote:
There is no absolute guarantee of security but, IMO, it is "secure enough". Banks will usually cover your losses if someone gets into your account and you can limit your possible losses by only putting enough in your checking account to take care of your bills (i.e. not linking all of your savings accounts for example).

I haven't written a paper check out in over 2 years. It's a wonderful thing.

Well, I've never written a cheques besides a couple of traveller cheques ... and never at all send money by post ... during all the 45 years I've got a bank account.

Doing onlone banking now since 6 years ... with all my accounts.

To do a money transfer, I need my banc account's number, my password and than a random chosen five ciffer number (by the banks software) from a list with one hundred numbers.

If someone got this illegally, I can always cancel all my bank transfers within three months after they've been done.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 03:50 pm
Miller wrote:
CalamityJane wrote:

hassle at the postoffice is quite antiquated by today's standards.

Antiquated? Is that why my Post Office is always so crowded, with people buying stamps, mailing packages...etc?

Of course, Miller, when you purposefully omit the first part of my sentence, you really can make your point Wink Nevertheless, my reference to antiquated
pertained to writing checks, and not the post office. Now, there is just no other way to send packages, then through the post office or UPS. Let's
not kid ourselves.
0 Replies