Berlin family faces eviction for loud night prayers

Reyn

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:24 am
Quote:
Berlin family faces eviction for loud night prayers

BERLIN (Reuters) - A seven-member family faces eviction from an east Berlin apartment tower after neighbours complained about loud prayer sessions that keep the whole building awake at night, a German newspaper said on Thursday.

"I really don't want to disturb the neighbours but the high volume is needed in the battle against the devil," Pierre D., the 42-year-old father of the Christian family, told Bild newspaper. He is fighting an eviction order in court.

Neighbours told Bild the screams and singing that are part of the family prayers in the second storey sometimes begin at 2:30 a.m. and can be heard all the way up to the fifth floor.

"We have to work in the morning and need our sleep," said taxi driver Horst Berghahn, who lives on the third floor. He said he asked the family to lower the volume several times since they moved into the building 10 months ago but to no avail.

I love this quote. It's hilarious!

"I really don't want to disturb the neighbours but the high volume is needed in the battle against the devil"

Now they can do it in the street. Twisted Evil
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 331 • Replies: 5
No top replies

blacksmithn

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:28 am
That's a wail of a story! It just screams for more in-depth reporting.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:30 am
Is Satan deaf?

Perhaps they could just get him a hearing aid.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:33 am
Bella Dea wrote:
Is Satan deaf?

Perhaps they could just get him a hearing aid.

Anything for a goodnight's sleep! Laughing
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:45 am
According to Berlin local papers, "Pierre" D.'s name was Thobho D. (42) until God renamed him to 'Pierre'.

His son Daglis

http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/5484/200608189085big60818s4wi2.jpg

is the new-born Jesus.

Yesterday, at court, an conviction order against them had been uphold.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 18 Aug, 2006 12:48 am
Myself and husband near went wild for a year or two with electronic guitar at full volume eight feet from our window... but this sounds worse. We prevailed but I don't know if these folks can, re volume..
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Berlin family faces eviction for loud night prayers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 02:24:01