Here's another example of the tightness of this community...

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:11 am
I was participating in a thread where someone had posted a picture of a very skinny woman. Some of the members were appalled and disgusted by the state of the woman and someone went so far as to say the person responsible for having her walk down the modeling runway should be charged with some sort of crime. I thought that was taking it a bit too far, but I chose to bite my tongue rather than get into a heated argument about the exploitation of the anorexic model.

I did, however, take the time to compare the woman to this insect...

http://www.beeville.net/Nature/Walking_Stick_500px%20P5268429.JPG

Afterwards I took a stroll over to the Never-Ending Rap Thread and watched some of the boys do their stuff.

They were all there: quietstorm7, spitting venom, iaintnodj, mcee fyee, dj quik kid, spitting venom, and the rest of the group.

dj quik kid had just finished a particularly enthralling rap and I chose that moment to jump into the mix and post a picture of the aforementioned insect and asked him if he would be kind enough to compose a rap about said insect.

dj quik kid's response was punctual and polite. He wrote...

w/e sure i'll do it

its a lil insect that knows how to blend in
it's useful cuz it's life aint gon be endin
it can hide in trees and you would neva see where its at
it hides from all sorts of animals from birds to bats
it got slim limbs so you know it's limber
the thing dope at cammoflaugein against timber
only time it's in trouble is if somebody burns it to a cinder

sorry it's so short it's jus a weird topic

Not only a beautiful tribute to the insect but also a gentle reminder that all of the denizens of this community are there for each other when the time arises.

I thanked dj quik kid for his contribution and I would like to ask all of you to say hi to dj quik kid if you cross paths and to compliment him on his insect rap.

Thanks for listening.

Gustav.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,426 • Replies: 24
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:54 am
That's very touching Gus, Mr. Kid sees with the eyes of a trained entomologist. I'll be sure and think of his rap when I come across one of these in the garden.

(He's probably telling his friends how he made some crazy old geezer happy by rapping about some skinny bug)
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:58 am
Re: Here's another example of the tightness of this communit
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I thanked dj quik kid for his contribution and I would like to ask all of you to say hi to dj quik kid if you cross paths and to compliment him on his insect rap.

Thanks for listening.

Gustav.

Done...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:02 am
The way you've exploited that poor bug is simply criminal.

Die in a fire, you evil bastard.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:14 am
Green Witch wrote:
That's very touching Gus, Mr. Kid sees with the eyes of a trained entomologist. I'll be sure and think of his rap when I come across one of these in the garden.

(He's probably telling his friends how he made some crazy old geezer happy by rapping about some skinny bug)

Right now he is saying, "Dude! There was this really old fart with a friggin pitchfork, dude, and he was, like, dude, can you write me a song about a bug?"
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:37 am
Seriously though, y'all should check out the neverending rap battle thread sometime.

While there are some no talent fools out there, quick kid and slipperz definitely have skills. I mean it: slant rhymes, alliteration, and quite a bit of humor. I enjoy their work.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:56 am
Gargamel wrote:
slant rhymes.... I enjoy their work.

Now we've got a bunch of racists running around. Great work, Gus.
0 Replies

BumbleBeeBoogie

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:18 am
BBB
Photo of stickman Gus creating his fake stick insect. What a fraud!

http://www.123rf.com/zoomv1/zoom.php?filename=leaf060400036

OR

photo
BBB
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:46 am
Gus is not a forger!

http://973.online.fr/IMAGES/ANIMAUX/phasme.jpghttp://ti.racoon.free.fr/galleries/Insectes/Insectes/phasme-053.jpg
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 07:38 pm
Hey, they gave up on Francis, but they're calling for "the other guy" gustav.

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2214064#2214064

and here again

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2214274#2214274

You're da maaan, gustav!!
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:01 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
Hey, they gave up on Francis, but they're calling for "the other guy" gustav.
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2214064#2214064
and here again
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2214274#2214274
You're da maaan, gustav!!

I just looked in at the Rap Thread and feel like I've been to Mars and back. I especially like the part when the HitmanJ says "WTF was that guy? lol no it aint thas a twig insect. who the hell was that guy? i cooda sworn i seen him in the poetry forum before"

Just another day of Gus hangin' with his peeps in da hood.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:37 pm
Green Witch, did you continue reading?
One proceeded in telling about his prison record and why Shocked
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:40 pm
I kept reading! That thread went to a scary place...the incident with the pocket knife and the cop's son... Shocked Do you think they were for real or just trying to impress each other? I pictured them really being some extremely white and geeky kids with big coke-bottle glasses...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:47 pm
I've read the rap threads for a while, and am mostly beaten down, blam ba blam mam. But not always.

(My niece doing choreography now, me smiling/her, waiting to catch up.)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:47 pm
No, cyphercat, these are real, hard-core gangstas. They'll cut your throat if you look at them wrong.

Stay out of that thread; it's very dangerous.

I go there because I am brave.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:50 pm
cyphercat wrote:
I kept reading! That thread went to a scary place...the incident with the pocket knife and the cop's son... Shocked Do you think they were for real or just trying to impress each other? I pictured them really being some extremely white and geeky kids with big coke-bottle glasses...

wrong cyphercat, they're probably hispanic or black and one lives in "south east" meaning LA and is a crips member. Yes, I am sure, they're for real....
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 08:57 pm
Gus is looking out for me!! <blushes, swoons>
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:01 pm
Good grief, a way of notation while I work up something to say.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:04 pm
Actually, that was quite thoughtful of the guy. He's probably thinking he could have made Gus into a right kind of guy, if only he'd caught him young enough.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 09:12 pm
A still friend of mine, lo these years, not least because she saved my ass one day, is a woman whose mother owned property in the heart of the area in Venice where every inch was territory.

Let me mention off hand, that Dennis Hopper bought about two blocks away from the heart, and that F. Gehry worked up three buildings to fit, out of found stuff. Thus the plywood aesthetic.

The heart of the area never stopped, a matter of two families.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Here's another example of the tightness of this community...
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.21 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 03:33:43