Sitting in a hospital waiting room today....

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:03 pm
I adore watching people, its amazing at you what you see if you take the time to look....I apparently had time today, I spent 5 hours in a hospital waiting room, just gawking at people...lol

Among the well dress for success...you have those few that think they are making a fashion statement, when all they are really saying is..."I got dressed in the dark."

Do's and Don'ts....

To the Ladies...if you are well endowed in the upper region, lets say anything above a D, you need not wear halter tops without proper support, its not a graceful appearance you make with those heavy breast swaying to every step you take, its more like praying for the person next to you in the elevator, that they don't recieve black eyes if they were to break loose from the halter....Its a must avoid at all cost!

Again, ladies...if your hair has turned gray, and your using a color rinse to hide those pearly whites, do yourself a favor and learn the proper application method to cover those roots. White roots, with an orange outer band is not considered Chic...at any cost.

Gentlemen...Open toed sandals are in for the summer, but if you have cornchips for toenails, its best advised that you either get a pedicure, or put some socks on....its a real turnoff...

Teens, clothing that reads "One size fits all" doesn't mean that its appropriate for you to wear a tee shirt that hangs to your knees, with your shorts hanging even further down...its gross, really gross to have to witness. I tried to turn my head, but honestly...the excitement that you caused to the older visitors sitting there was a circus in itself...so who could help but look at you.

Houseshoes are not allowed as part of your everyday...going out attire...they should only be allowed in the hospital if you are a patient. When you wear big fluffy houseshoes in the hospital running up flights of stairs, you are asking to be admitted. Leave them at home, they are not attractive either, and do not make that fashion statement that you are hoping to make. All that I hear is.."I'm too lazy to tie my shoes."

To the lady that just had to wear that hot pink mini skirt with the matching hot pink jacket...first off, Shoulder pads went out with Dynasty, and secondly..that ass that you had going on was hanging out in the back. And another little hint, those gold heels that you were wearing...really didn't match. Besides, if your brave enough to wear that outfit out to do business,...umm, errr...atleast learn how to style your hair.

And..to the man in the gold cowboy boots...lol, with your white pants, and white cowboy hat, those gold chains and funky belt, and overly hairy chest... I hate to tell you this, but Disco is not alive. It died a long long time ago....along with the need for those shiny gold boots...

To the lady with the alabaster skin, honey...get some sun. This is the south and its taboo not to have a golden glow to your skin. Besides, that white mini skirt and lime green flip flops you had on, with the navy blue verticle striped top..was not flattering. It just accentuated how white you really were....two words for ya.."Tanning bed".

And to the ladies that I saw that had apron guts...please...please invest in a full length mirror....its not attractive for you to wear half shirts, or short waisted tanks. Cover it up, I would be the last person to dis a big women, but its more flattering for you to find a style that hides the negative parts, and accentuates that positive ones....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,527 • Replies: 37
No top replies

sozobe

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:08 pm
(But WHY were you in the waiting room...? Everyone OK?)
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:15 pm
MMS wrote:
To the Ladies...if you are well endowed in the upper region, lets say anything above a D, you need not wear halter tops without proper support, its not a graceful appearance you make with those heavy breast swaying to every step you take, its more like praying for the person next to you in the elevator, that they don't recieve black eyes if they were to break loose from the halter....Its a must avoid at all cost

Would you please shut up. Leave those poor women alone.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:20 pm
Gosh, I've got to vacation in Arkansas one of these days. What's
more entertaining?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:23 pm
Arkansas is like going to the carnival. A tremendous amount of fun.
0 Replies

Miller

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:26 pm
Quote:
I adore watching people, its amazing at you what you see if you take the time to look....I apparently had time today, I spent 5 hours in a hospital waiting room, just gawking at people...lol

How nice it must be, to be perfect and be so critical of others, especially, I might add in a hospital setting.

Hope they never let you in the OR to "observe".
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:35 pm
Ah Miller, give MMS a break, she's making fun of her fellow Arkansasian - so what!
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:37 pm
I'm with you on this one, Jane.

Is that the first time we've agreed on anything?
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:38 pm
Quote:
But WHY were you in the waiting room...? Everyone OK?)

Yes, everyone is fine. I went with a friend...she was visiting her mother.

Quote:
Arkansas is like going to the carnival. A tremendous amount of fun.

It can be....

Quote:
How nice it must be, to be perfect and be so critical of others, especially, I might add in a hospital setting.

You betcha!

You know Miller, apparently you have never made assumptions based on people's dress, posture, facial expressions...the way they walk...how they hold their head upor whether they do...., do they look you in the eye when greeting you?

I enjoy watching people, it tells alot about who they are....

Quote:
Ah Miller, give MMS a break, she's making fun of her fellow Arkansasian - so what!

Thanks CJ...thats all it was, just some humor...
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:40 pm
Quote:

Gus has been to Arkansas...LOL He knows!

BTW GUS, I'm going to kick yer butt if you ever float through here again and don't grace me with your presence...so I can come back on A2K and make fun of YOU...LOL
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 08:46 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:

No, of course not! I nod (off) a lot when reading your postings...
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:33 pm
If you thought people-watching was fun in the hospital, MMS...oh man, I bet you can't WAIT for the fair!

I'm pretty sure some of those "people" only crawl out of their caves once a year.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Wed 16 Aug, 2006 09:48 pm
Quote:
If you thought people-watching was fun in the hospital, MMS...oh man, I bet you can't WAIT for the fair!

Yea...my people watching was done mostly out of boredom...besides, i had already read every newspaper I could find to buy....

People watching is why I loved managing the cafe, because I was in the center of it...got to see a ton of people daily.

I have to tell this, its adorable...

There was this older gentlemen that entered the doors of the hospital today. He was probably pushing 80, small stature, crooked over so badly that he appeared to be watching the floor when walking, which he was. Cane in hand....tap tap tap...very slow baby steps...

Once he entered through the doors, another older gentlemen immediately rose and went to this man and offered him a wheelchair. (They didn't know each other)

The lil crooked over man told him.."No Thankya, I don't have a need for one of them yet." Laughing

To think that this gentlemen was in that kind of shape trying to walk....but he's no where close to giving up...is great!
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 03:04 pm
MMS--

I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who keeps her Fashion Critic Bitch in the closet. Dressed in the dark? No. Those people planned to appear in public wearing those clothes.

Notice, we don't see many "poor but neatly patched and clean" clothes on display any more? Somewhere at K-Mart's or Wal-Marts (or Lord and Taylor's for all I know) there is a Home Furnishing section featuring a perpetual sale on Snow White Mirrors (Wicked Stepmother setting).

Years ago I saw a Ziggy cartoon. Ziggy is on the couch and the shrink is intoning, "Frankly Mr. Ziggy, you have an inflated self image." Arkansas isn't the only state with super-sartorial-confidence.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 03:13 pm
I enjoy what people wear. I'm a little hard to repel, though even now I follow the NYTimes style slide shows, testing myself. There's one just today on Layering. I've been following the style blogs mentioned recently on Slate.. Dirty is unattractive, but I don't mind a wide range of attire.

And, ahem, how come it is so awful for an older woman have her gray roots show, when all over the place there are various celebs who show the roots on purpose?

And ... tanning, now there's another whole subject.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 03:14 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Somewhere at K-Mart's or Wal-Marts (or Lord and Taylor's for all I know) there is a Home Furnishing section featuring a perpetual sale on Snow White Mirrors (Wicked Stepmother setting).

What!!! I take offense to that!

On the topic - I was just thinking of fashion no-nos today. I saw this woman in the office seemed dressed fine, but her shirt was a bit too tight - what does everyone think about when your nipples imprint can be seen through your shirt?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 03:19 pm
Arkansas!!

oh dear lord....

ya know...I'm not gonna say anything about really heavy people, because I know enough BBW's that may not have tons of money, but wear stuff that, well, looks good, and decent and modest. I'm no skinny minnie myself.

Good lord though honey, that cameltoe in those spandex pants has GOT to go!!!

white roots....yeah, that's what bangs are good for...they're also instant botox for the forehead.

Oh. That older gentleman sounded cool.

Another good place to people watch is at the DMV.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 04:51 pm
Quote:
What!!! I take offense to that!

No offense meant to present company.

I imagine you're making a mint from the royalties.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:41 pm
We have lots of cafe houses here where you can sit outside and
watch the crowd walking by. The game is always to pinpoint on the basis of their clothes who's a tourist and who isn't. I love especially the ones
who try to fit in so eagerly.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Thu 17 Aug, 2006 06:58 pm
I'm witcha on everything but the pale chick. That was low!

Us pale girls really can only do so much about it-- at least if we're bright enough to have read all the evidence that proves that tanning beds are WORSE than sunning. So back off on the alabaster skinned among us, hun! Evil or Very Mad
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Sitting in a hospital waiting room today....
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 02:04:46