Blocked Yahoo's Pool?

bukena

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 07:12 pm
I used to play pool over at yahoo games. One day this guy lost and threatened me, to which I replied with not too kind words. He told me that I didn't know who I was talking to and that he would show me.

The point is that now I can't play in pool at yahoo. I sign in, go to a room, open a table... and then, the table takes a long time to upload, then it disapears and comes back stating that I left the table. I can't play pool anymore.

Can somebody really block other people?... is this a matter of a virus?... What can I do?

I would appreciate any insights into this.

Thanks in advance.

bukena
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 390 • Replies: 3
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Mon 14 Aug, 2006 09:53 pm
More than likely he found a way to block your ID. You could sign in as a different user. However, if he has gone so far as to block your ip address then it will be more difficult.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 12:29 am
Anonymity is among the chief features of the internet -

http://www.unc.edu/depts/jomc/academics/dri/idog.jpg

you, bukena, have discovered another key feature: when arguing on the internet, one should bear in mind the person at the other end of the argument may be neither as dumb nor as inmpotent as you assume him to be.

If you have any recourse at all in this circumstance, it is with Yahoo; see what you can accomplish through Yahoo's member support facillities.

Oh, and don't get your hopes up real high.
0 Replies

bukena

Reply Tue 15 Aug, 2006 01:11 pm
Thanks for your reply. I guess he blocked my ip address, because none of my accounts work. I know everything about anonymity... I never use my real name, but a nick and never provide personal information... I don't do asl questions.

And it's not really a big deal... we are talking about playing computer games... not a great loss.

Thanks again.

bukena
0 Replies