Camper falls off cliff while en route to pee, sues U.S.

Reyn

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 05:03 pm
This is ridiculous! Don't individuals have some sort of self-responsibility to watch where the heck they're going? Just because it's a park, you can't expect guard-rails and fencing everywhere. Mad

Quote:
Camper sues government over stumble

Friday, August 04, 2006

Here's a tip for campers on the go:

Bring a flashlight when wandering in the woods.

Jerry Mersereau, 23, learned that lesson the hard way when he trekked out in the dark to relieve himself and fell off a cliff in the Mt. Hood National Forest.

Tucked into his lawsuit (Jerry Mersereau v. United States of America) is this succinct description of his misadventure: "While finding a place to relieve himself, plaintiff walked off the unguarded and unprotected cliff falling approximately 20 to 30 feet to the creek bed below."

Now Mersereau wants the U.S. government to pay for his injuries and the "mental anguish" his fall has caused. He says the government should have known the cliff posed a danger to campers.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 577 • Replies: 4
No top replies

littlek

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 06:30 pm
If this guy wins I'll shoot myself.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 06:59 pm
The GOVERNMENT should have known the cliff was a danger to campers???!!!

How about your OWN stupid ass knowing that?

Before you know it, all natural attractions will become like disney world. Let's leave nothing to chance.

Somebody better start working on filling in that darn Grand Canyon.

And those Rocky Mountains? jeez, they're REALLY hard to climb and it could make someone get all out of breath. They need to be torn down.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 07:16 pm
I think I have my very own case ... click

I'm glad I posted about it (tho so briefly it's almost unAmerican :wink: )
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Thu 10 Aug, 2006 07:52 am
He should have been relieved that he didn't break his neck, and left it at that....
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Camper falls off cliff while en route to pee, sues U.S.
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 12:23:49