William Shatner's kidney stone fetches top dollar

Reyn

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:20 pm
Auctioning off somebody's kidney stone? For $25,000? Give me a break! I don't care if it's for a good cause or not, it's daft! Mad

What's next? Somebody's "remains" from a toilet bowl?

Quote:
William Shatner's kidney stone fetches top dollar

BY PHILIP POTEMPA

Beaming

William Shatner is always eager to reach out to his fans.

Earlier this spring, he passed a kidney stone, which late night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel described as "the ultimate Star Trek Collectible."

After seeing Kimmel's enthusiasm about the subject, Shatner auctioned it off for $25,000 to donate to charity.

Now, publicist Josh Silberstein tells me the William Shatner DVD Club and www.startrek.com is holding a free random drawing contest at www.shatnerdvdclub.com this month and the prize will be Shatner using his famous voice to record a personalized outgoing message on some lucky fan's answering machine. You must sign up at the Web site by Aug. 31.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 393 • Replies: 5
No top replies

CalamityJane

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:22 pm
I didn't know that Intrepid had this kind of money.
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:23 pm
He should hold onto his stools! He could make good money off those every day!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:26 pm
I guess if one waits around long enough, an idiot will come by and buy anything!

I would if Shatner gave this up himself, or it was slipped away unknowingly?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:46 pm
I'm sure his urine would fetch a much smaller price tag because it is so abundant.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 03:56 pm
Laughing And here was me thinking that you would make mention of the "other end of business" and being "full of it".
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » William Shatner's kidney stone fetches top dollar
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 10:25:03