Reverend Pat Robertson Says To Pray For Mel Gibson

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 09:37 am
Now here's a classic story that properly belongs in the H.I. forum.

Pat, I'll get right on it!

Reverend Pat Robertson Says To Pray For Mel Gibson
Robertson says Gibson " is somebody who has given his heart to the Lord."

Virginia Beach, Va. -- Actor Mel Gibson, who has apologized for what he admits was a drunken anti-Semitic tirade, is getting support from another celebrity whose words have gotten him into trouble.

On today's '700 Club' broadcast, the Reverend Pat Robertson urged Christians to "pray for Mel," adding that "the last thing I'm going to do is throw a stone."

Robertson said Gibson "is somebody who has given his heart to the Lord," and who "struck a great blow for Christianity around the world" with his film "The Passion of the Christ."

He speculated that drunkenness may have exposed anti-Semitism that Gibson absorbed as a child from his father.

Robertson has had to apologize for several controversial statements, including his suggestion in January that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was God's punishment for giving up Gaza.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 233 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Reyn

Reply Fri 4 Aug, 2006 07:20 pm
Re: Reverend Pat Robertson Says To Pray For Mel Gibson
Quote:
Robertson has had to apologize for several controversial statements, including his suggestion in January that Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke was God's punishment for giving up Gaza.

Do you think Pat was drunk at the time of this pronouncement?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Reverend Pat Robertson Says To Pray For Mel Gibson
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 10:33:49