Prehistoric metrosexuals

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 02:49 pm
Some of these "prehistoric males" are roaming our earth - even today! They frequently can be seen with their caps on backwards. Must be a throw-back thing.

Prehistoric metrosexuals

Scientists examining prehistoric bodies found in the peat bogs of Ireland have discovered evidence of male grooming.

One of the bodies, dug up in 2003 at Clonycavan, near Dublin, had mohawk-style hair, held in place with a gel substance, reports The Times.

The other, unearthed three months later 25 miles away in Oldcroghan, had carefully manicured fingernails.

The findings on the bodies, which are 2,300 years old, suggest that despite living in the Iron Age, ancient man had some modern concerns.

"The message I'm getting is that although they were living in a different time, a different culture, eating different things and living in a different way, people are people - they're the same in their thinking," said Rolly Read, head of conservation at the National Museum of Ireland in Dublin.

The hair gel used by the men was made of plant oil and pine resin imported from southern France or Spain, showing trade between Ireland and southern Europe was already taking place.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 256 • Replies: 8
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:50 pm
I'll bet they dressed in stylin deer skins and totally cool hats.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 03:55 pm
Yeah, they wore them backwards then, too. At least then they had more of an excuse though. There wasn't a fashion industry at that point.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 06:07 pm
ok..... caps on backwards so does not = metrosexual
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 07:45 pm
Yeah, but could mean prehistoric. :wink:
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 08:23 pm
I don't know how other women think, but the sound of a Neolithic Iron Age man with a well groomed mohawk sounds kind of sexy to me...and if he doesn't have dirt under his nails I consider that a bonus.

Anyone want to rendezvous at Stonehenge?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Wed 2 Aug, 2006 08:34 pm
Just as long as there's no baseball cap....
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 09:27 am
I suspect baseball was around long before it became a sport. I can easily imagine cro-magnons hitting a ball with a stick.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 3 Aug, 2006 11:38 am
Or getting them caught in deck chairs?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Prehistoric metrosexuals
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 08:44:24