Have I...

Treya

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 10:15 pm
J_B wrote:
Who do you think is ignoring you, heph? Are you still mostly hanging out in S&R? I've seen you giving advice on R&M, but I haven't seen any place where you've asked a question and were ignored, but then I'm on sabbatical from S&R.

It's not so much feeling "ignored" exactly. I don't know how to explain it really. It's more just hmmm... not really getting talked TO is the best way I can put it. Not meaning that I'm looking for kudo's, or acknowledgement, but just general conversation I guess. Does that make any sense? Well... probably oughta just let this one drop, sing myself a nice chorus of "feelings", and move on I suppose... Razz LOL So why the sabbatical from S&R? If you don't mind my asking...

flushd wrote:
heph, nice to see ya back. Case you haven't noticed, it is impossible not to hear about when people are riled up around here!
Laughing
You would know it.

Hey flushd. Thanks. Smile Yep. Good point.

Heph turns and ambles off singing softly..."Feelings... nothing more than feelings... trying to forget my feelings..."

hehehe
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 12:10 am
hephzibah wrote:
Hey Montana. Smile Good to see you again. It has been a while eh? Glad to see you are doing well. Smile

It's always nice to touch base with those I like and haven't seen for a while.

Always a pleasure, Heph.

So, how the hell you been? What's new in your life?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 12:29 am
Lessee, easy part first - I stopped using the sideways carots as something weird always happened when I used them to express state of being. So, now I tend to just use parentheses....

On heph, Heph, I like you. You come across as substantially self involved, and I don't mean that as a dig, as the self you are involved with is interesting, continually interesting, and I relate to your struggles.

Still, get a grip, girl. Insults are hurled between close friends online here, and people let key threads go blanko. And people also end up loved. This is a community of some who post often and some who posted often who are absent for a bit, and many who don't give a s't, and some who are probably our most intelligent being the most smartass, often creatively, and some trying to wreak genuine havoc.

Look around over a few weeks. Consider who some other people are.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 12:54 am
Montana wrote:
hephzibah wrote:
Hey Montana. Smile Good to see you again. It has been a while eh? Glad to see you are doing well. Smile

It's always nice to touch base with those I like and haven't seen for a while.

Always a pleasure, Heph.

So, how the hell you been? What's new in your life?

Ha! Sorry about that Montana! I completely forgot about this thread because I've been so busy working on a post for a thread in S&R... eeek... anyway, I've been good! Not a lot going on here. Just trying to get readjusted to FL and figure out what the heck to do with my life. No big deal... LOL What about you? I read your thead about the french guy. Razz I haven't been back there in a while, did anything every come of that?

ossobuco wrote:
Lessee, easy part first - I stopped using the sideways carots as something weird always happened when I used them to express state of being. So, now I tend to just use parentheses....

On heph, Heph, I like you. You come across as substantially self involved, and I don't mean that as a dig, as the self you are involved with is interesting, continually interesting, and I relate to your struggles.

Still, get a grip, girl. Insults are hurled between close friends online here, and people let key threads go blanko. And people also end up loved. This is a community of some who post often and some who posted often who are absent for a bit, and many who don't give a s't, and some who are probably our most intelligent being the most smartass, often creatively, and some trying to wreak genuine havoc.

Look around over a few weeks. Consider who some other people are.

Ahem...

You're right. Thanks Osso. I just need a good kick in the butt once in a while to remember the world doesn't revolve around me... and my world shouldn't either... Razz
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 01:33 am
That was just a nudge, not any kind of bark. But a2k can be rich if you have patience. We're in a sort of doldrums at the moment. Still, within the last two days, shewolf survived a highway maniac twice and noddy survived the surgical knife. Lots of stuff going on.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 01:42 am
Wow... I've really got to get outside of S&R more. I had no clue. I'm glad shewolf is ok. How's Noddy doing? I hope she's ok.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 02:15 am
It's slow now and probably will be until Fall in the US. (I don't understand this internet flow chart stuff, but it tends to reoccur).

Noddy had a suspicious mammo and was quiet for about a week and then posted on it, mildly, and then finally posted on it as sort of hey, this is happening for me. She has had ca before, not to tell tales, though thought it was gone after eight years. Bunch of us have been highly worried, her especially. Our dominion holder had a bunch of arrows aimed, and a mastectomy looked likely.

Turned out it was scar tissue just being effulgent. Would have been extremely difficult for her to fight it at this time if it had been positive pathology.

So, what, not to cower you about not noticing this, but this is a sharing place, once you get past all the venom, some of which is near-friendly.

Just look at new posts once in a while. Many of them are stupidiferous, but some are quite rich.
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:25 am
ossobuco wrote:
Just look at new posts once in a while. Many of them are stupidiferous, but some are quite rich.

Not necessarilly mutually exclusive categories Laughing
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:32 am
Well I don't speak to you...'cos I don't know you! I don't think we've ever crossed threads?

I am the author of many
Quote:
stupidiferous
posts here (and proud of it) we all have our niches and cliques...after a few posts, you'll be right back in it!

Hello anyway...

x
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 07:38 am
hephzibah wrote:
Wow... I've really got to get outside of S&R more. I had no clue. I'm glad shewolf is ok. How's Noddy doing? I hope she's ok.

Excellent idea, heph, S&R can suck the salt out of you after awhile. Sabbaticals are a good thing.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Tue 8 Aug, 2006 08:15 am
ossobuco wrote:
It's slow now and probably will be until Fall in the US. (I don't understand this internet flow chart stuff, but it tends to reoccur).

Noddy had a suspicious mammo and was quiet for about a week and then posted on it, mildly, and then finally posted on it as sort of hey, this is happening for me. She has had ca before, not to tell tales, though thought it was gone after eight years. Bunch of us have been highly worried, her especially. Our dominion holder had a bunch of arrows aimed, and a mastectomy looked likely.

Turned out it was scar tissue just being effulgent. Would have been extremely difficult for her to fight it at this time if it had been positive pathology.

So, what, not to cower you about not noticing this, but this is a sharing place, once you get past all the venom, some of which is near-friendly.

Thank you for sharing this with me osso. I do appreciate it. Believe it or not I have been reading outside of S&R more than ever since I came back. Not responding so much, but apparently I've been missing a lot more than I thought. Would you mind linking me to Noddy's thread so I can keep up with this?

smorgs wrote:
Well I don't speak to you...'cos I don't know you! I don't think we've ever crossed threads?

I am the author of many "stupidiferous" posts here (and proud of it) we all have our niches and cliques...after a few posts, you'll be right back in it!

Hello anyway...

Hey smorgs. Smile Good to meet you. I have seen a few of your threads and haven't thought of them as "stupidiferous"... Ummm just one question though... is that really a word? LOL

J_B wrote:
Excellent idea, heph, S&R can suck the salt out of you after awhile. Sabbaticals are a good thing.

Shocked Sabbatical... from S&R... Shocked LOL

Truth is... S&R is my little "nest" of sorts because my social skills suck pretty bad sometimes. So I just kind of hide away and talk about things I have at least a slight idea about. Razz
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 01:38 am
Glad to hear everything is going good and you're getting settled in :-D

The French guy turned out to have a girlfriend, but I haven't given up hope yet, as he still has eyes for me and I can't seem to shake the boy out of my system.
I stopped watching him (when he's looking anyways), out of respect for his girlfriend, but it ain't easy I tell ya.
Since I stopped letting him see me watch him, he's been going crazy trying to get my attention and I think it's kinda cute.

We are obviously infatuated with eachother, but it hasn't gone any further than that.

I gave him a drive to work one day and was thrilled to find that I understand his French much more than I imagined, but since he barely understands English, I'm the one who has trouble talking with him because my french sucks Laughing

I did good with the french the day I gave him a lift, but I've still got a ton to learn.

If anything comes out of it, I'll let you know ;-)
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 08:50 am
Obviously this guy is only with his "girlfriend" because he thinks he can't have you, Montana.
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:09 am
aaawww that's so cute! LOL I always loved the "flirting" stage. That rush of adrenalin you get when someone you are really attracted to looks at you or talks to you. Very Happy Keep me posted girl. :wink:
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 10:30 am
What smorgs said about "niches" is probably the most common reason A2Kers suddenly become strangers.

I was following your "bible contradictions" for a while, hephzibah. However, your detailed posts started to fall outside of my superficial knowledge about the bible.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:46 am
Eva wrote:
Obviously this guy is only with his "girlfriend" because he thinks he can't have you, Montana.

Up until a few weeks ago, he knew I was there for the taking and he seems much more interested now that he thinks I've lost interest, but it's a nice thought, thanks :-D
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:53 am
hephzibah wrote:
aaawww that's so cute! LOL I always loved the "flirting" stage. That rush of adrenalin you get when someone you are really attracted to looks at you or talks to you. Very Happy Keep me posted girl. :wink:

Will do ;-)

We are infatuated with eachother enough to where I'd be surprised if we didn't get together at some point, but I'm in no hurry as I'm enjoying every bit of attention he's giving me ;-) :-D

Although, it is getting a bit frustrating Laughing
0 Replies

Treya

Reply Wed 9 Aug, 2006 11:59 am
LOL Yeah I can see why it would be frustrating at times! Laughing
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 02:38 am
It's beyond "at times" Laughing
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 11 Aug, 2006 09:08 am
On 'stupidiferous'... I didn't mean fun threads are stupid. I like smorgs' posts and threads a lot.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Have I...
  3. » Page 2
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 07:43:10