Were you a young drunk?

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:49 pm
How to contribute to the good ol' Irish stereotype.

Freshman year in college I was studying for a final when my roomate handed me a handle of rum. I decided drinking would be more fun than studying, so I drank my face off. Next day during the final I had to get up halfway through to go puke, then went back and finished. Did better than my friend who spent all week studying.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:51 pm
Dear old dad was an alcoholic and we fought bitterly all through my teen years so I didn't drink at all because that's what he did. Brilliant me married an alcoholic and I drank heavily with him for a number of years until we divorced 12 years later. I guess I was in my early 20s before I started drinking.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 02:03 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
How to contribute to the good ol' Irish stereotype.

Freshman year in college I was studying for a final when my roomate handed me a handle of rum. I decided drinking would be more fun than studying, so I drank my face off. Next day during the final I had to get up halfway through to go puke, then went back and finished. Did better than my friend who spent all week studying.

Hey! I thought you were Polish!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 03:14 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
When I was a little kid I remember my dad letting me take sips of his beer. I absolutely loved it.

Me too! I would love it fresh out of the fridge. My mom made him stop because she said I was getting "beer breath." However, I would sneak taking a sip when no one was looking.

Yeah my dad's Irish too!
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 05:26 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
Hey! I thought you were Polish!

And English, mixed in with other things. The Irish comment was in response to Heeven's post.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 06:21 pm
Slappy - 17 doesn['t seem like late-blooming for alcohol consumption.... then again, I was first drunk at 13-14 (on schnapps in cocoa).
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 06:30 pm
at age 12 I was playing in bands with grown men three nights a week or more. I was a young everything.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 06:50 pm
littlek wrote:
Slappy - 17 doesn['t seem like late-blooming for alcohol consumption.... then again, I was first drunk at 13-14 (on schnapps in cocoa).

I learned it from watching you!!!

Well I remember a lot of kids drinking freshman year in high school. Since I was under 5 feet, weighed 95 lbs, and had the physical development of your average 9 year old, I probably couldn't have handled much liquor.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 07:00 pm
Well, you showed them!
0 Replies

Region Philbis

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:09 pm
i've never been much of a drinker, but my folks tell the tale of a 3 year old RP banging on a restaurant table, yelling "BEER!"
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:17 pm
My cousin tells me of her three year old son yelling "Fu/k" in a bank line, to her total humiliation.

Beer is better for yelling.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:33 pm
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 09:42 pm
Quote:
Damn Heeven, MMS, we can't change the past, can we?

EOE, I wish we could. That old saying.."If I only knew than, what I know now..." sticks in my mind. I would have definitly skipped some things I have to look back on and would rather not remember. Embarrassed

Well, there was another post of mine that I indulged my alcohol habits in. You might as well label me a young teenage alcoholic, because thats basically what I was. I drank...and drank big, and how I got away with it at times, I'll never know, but I did.

I married young, and we had a big time for 8 or so years, till the first pregnancy, and I quit drinking. I had a rough go with it, I'd crave beer, not to count that was one of our spells of playing poker on Friday Nights every week, so it was worse because everyone was drinking and smoking....but I never caved in...I fought it...and did without.

Up until the pregnacy, weekends usually consisted of a half gallon of Vodka on Friday nights, and usually a 30 pack on Sat...and Sun. (Yes, by myself) The husband had gotten to working swing-shift, and I would go out with friends, as long as I was home before he was...he didn't care what I did. (At that point in our marriage) So..I was usually drunk as a piss ant 5 nights out of the week. And yes...I'd get up and go the work the next day never missing a lick. It had gotten to the point where I very seldom had a hangover...which was scary. I soppose I have outgrown that.

Do I drink now? Yea....it kinda goes in spells.

A couple of weekends ago, I was into the Rum/OJ, this past week...I sat and drank beer while doing homework, this past Sunday..I sat and drank a few beers while shelling pecans..lol Up until a couple of weekends ago, it was Febuary since the last drink. ....so it goes in spells.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 09:52 pm
I have to add this...even though I don't drink that much now, I can still drink like a fish...when I want too.

This is kinda mean, and yea...kinda stupid on my part, but putting up with my idiot sister will make ya do stupid things sometimes. Ya'll have heard me talk about her! She's still 15 in her mind..the big partier, can out drink anyone and everyone, I had heard her antics for a long time...knowing full well she was full of it.

So..about two winters ago, she come out...and wanted to go to deer camp on a Friday night with us. Well..we drink up there sometimes...and thats what she was wanting to do...."Get drunk". So...I obliged her. lol

To say the least, I haven't had to hear about her drinking anymore....bragging about it like she's some school kid.

Humm, Idea! Maybe I oughta pimp her out, then that might break her from the men in heat routine....LMAO I could charge by the pound...lol, with that ghetto butt, I'm make a mint!

ROTF~~~~~~~~~~I KNOW, that was SOOOO BADDDDDD
0 Replies

Kesmai

Reply Sat 5 Aug, 2006 07:48 am
started really drinking around 17
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 03:04:37