Were you a young drunk?

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 08:19 pm
How old were you when you first started drinking? Like other things in life, I was somewhat of a late bloomer. Didn't have my first beer until my junior year in high school, and didn't start drinking regularly until senior year.

I couldn't handle my alcohol either. At a party I got a little too drunk too fast, and half-passed out on the floor. Not a good idea to be the first soldier down. I vaguely remember beer being poured all over me, then I woke up the next morning with a bloody tampon next to me. I got a bloody nose, and someone gave me a tampon to wipe up with. One of my friends promptly pointed this out to everyone, and for a while I was called "tampon boy." Earlier that night I tried walking into the neighbor's house tripping over the people sitting on their porch while taking a walk outside.

Other than how old you were, what was some of the bad and/or funny things that happened to you from being a wee hammered one?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,188 • Replies: 34
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:43 am
Try this again.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:51 am
I can remember being given shandy at a young age and i liked it.
Ive never really been a heavy drinker, even in my teens.
I get hammered every now and again but I hate the hangover the next day so try to avoid it.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 08:52 am
Well, since I went to a stoner high school, things were a little different for me.

The most fucked up I would get was when my parents would go out of town. They would hire this 60 year old "babysitter" who would fall asleep watching Jeopardy at 5pm. And who wouldn't answer the door if any black people knocked. Me and my friends nicknamed her "Old," and even made up a special gang symbol to represent her, which we would flash to each other in the halls on days we knew she would be coming.

Somehow I remember the Smokin' Grooves Tour, when I went to see Tribe Called Quest, the Fugees, and Cypress Hill. I was probably seventeen. Anyway, me and some buddies smoked a joint in my bedroom while Old snoozed downstairs, and wisely my friend brought a huge plastic jug of VODKA for the road.

Because there's nothing like sipping vodka in a Dodge minivan on a hot summer day, especially after having smoked a joint.

Upon arriving at the venue, I bought two Rice Krispie treats and a pack of cigarettes. Then I ate half a pizza. Then I drank more vodka. I smoked half of the pack of cigarettes during the Tribe Called Quest set. Also, I smoked another joint.

You know where this is heading so I'll get to the point...

The vomiting began during "Fu-Gee-La." As Lauryn Hill sang so beatifully, I heaved and lurched, and through my blurry peripheral vision saw the audience making space between me and them. I vomited ALOT. So much that I hade to be taken home. And we missed Cypress HIll. I still owe my buddies for that one.

On the way out we saw this hot girl we fetishized. I tried to play it cool as I talked to her. But of course I had vomit on my shoes. We stopped in a park so I could vomit more, then I vomited just outside my house for good measure. I took a nap, woke up, called my friends, and I think we continued to drink in my basement.

This was the greatest day of of my life.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 10:55 am
I was even later than you Slappy - senior year in high school - and more toward the end of my senior year, but then again I was typically a goody-two shoes.

First drunk moment - we went to Providence to see Tom Petty - he was cool then. We stayed at a Holiday Inn across the street and one of our older siblings bought for us. We drank Southern Comfort - wouldn't for the life of me even think of having a sip of that crap now - even the thought of it makes me want to hurl. Anyone two of us were out of control. One friend like the gentleman above started vomiting at the beginning of the concert - me I am proud to say did not get sick. We had horrible seats - so me and the other drunk went down to get better seats (our other boring friends seemed glad we left) - we actually got about 10th row - much better than the nose bleed seats we originally had.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 10:57 am
I went to a rap show in high school...Ghetto Boys, Public Enemy, and a bunch of others. I never feared for my life like I did that day. The guy in the next row over pulled a knife out during the show, another guy pulled a gun out in the lobby, and I witnessed a ton of fights between acts. I really don't know how the little white boy(me) didn't get killed.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:22 am
Freshman or Sophomore in HS. My older brother and I got into the liquor cabinet and mixed whiskey with Dr. Pepper. Yummy.

When I'd go out with friends we were poor teenagers of course, so we used to get someone to buy us a two liter wine cooler, which usually did the trick for the evening. Or we'd buy the cheapest beer imaginable: Meister Brau, Milwaukee's Beast, or Wiedemann, usually. Yuuuck! But we loved it at the time.

A memorable HS drunk event: I was at a party at someone's house, and I ended up in a sort of a competition with some college dude, where we would take turns chugging boilermakers. This went on for a while. Eventually he puked and I won. My "friends" handed me a cup to drink -- which I later found out had been the "spit cup" for the evening (yes, my "friends" were chewing tobbacco). Later I passed out walking down the stairs ... which woke me up. I wasn't feeling too good, and eventually someone told me that tomato juice would make me feel better ... so after drinking some I immediately vomited tomato juice all over this guy's parents' white carpet. The hangover from that night was also memorabl
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:26 am
Senior in high school. I don't think I ever did anything outrageous, I can hold my liquor rather well and don't tend to change much when I'm drunk. I hate when people change significantly, as if they had a whole another personality, when drunk,gah. I did have a tendency to take off and go walking though. Everything seems much closer when you're drunk. Instead of taking a bus or a cab, I would walk home.It would only take,oh, 2 or 3 hours. Number of times cops gave me a ride home. Sweet to be a girl in Slovakia.
Well, there were a few times... like the time when I drank a bottle of vodka with the hockey team from Slovakia....oh nevermind.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:38 am
dagmaraka wrote:
I can hold my liquor rather well and don't tend to change much when I'm drunk.

Then what's the point?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:41 am
She doesn't change much, except when drunk with hockey teams.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:45 am
Chai Tea wrote:
dagmaraka wrote:
I can hold my liquor rather well and don't tend to change much when I'm drunk.

Then what's the point?

well, what i mean is that i don't change into an entirely different person. i have a few friends who when drunk a little get loud, or act tough, or abrasive,get hysterical, generally don't seem to be the same person as when they are sober. other friends just get funnier, happier, sillier, but remain the same person... ya know what i mean?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 11:54 am
Isn't anyone gonna share childhood drinking memories? Ya'll honestly never had a drink before a certain time in high school?

I never got drunk as a little kid, but it wasn't for the lack of trying. The only thing I liked about the summer was that my father would intersperse his manhattans with some cold ones.

I don't know who originally had the bright idea to give a 4 year old beer, but I personally thought it was a great decision. I really really loved the taste. They'd give me a juice glass of beer and would be really miffed when I couldn't get a refill. Lousy customer service if you ask me.

The first time I got drunk though was I think 14 or 15, on an empty stomach. Nothing spectacular, just kept drinking until I puked. I remember thinking that was something I'd have to learn, how many made me puke. All my problems would be solved then. Oh yeah, I remember now, it was New Years Eve and everybody else had gone out for the night, so I figured I'd celebrate being alone. I got all teary after a while, and saying "Ohhhh...I'm gonna be alone every New Years Eve of my life....ohhhhh....."

I was such a happy child.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 12:13 pm
Quote:
Isn't anyone gonna share childhood drinking memories? Ya'll honestly never had a drink before a certain time in high school?

Yea...lol, I was getting there...just been on the phone...lol

7 or 8 years old, I'd sneak Budweiser ponies out of my dad's fridge...and get lit.....thought I was bad to the bone.

My first real drunk was when I was 13, my parents decided they were going to break me wanting to drink, so they had a friend go to the bright spot and buy "Fighting Cock", yep..some real nasty crap...

3 pints later, my brother and I was completely plastered & giggly...

Now...my mother thought that this was going to teach us one of the better lesson's in life sat diligently through this, encouraging us to continue drinking, even so the point that she talked my step-father into getting a 5th out of the cabinet to further our drunk...and in doing so, I refused to drink, unless he joined me. LOL

(Can we say.."How stupid can you get? These folks didn't think about alcohol poisoning!)

So...instead of shot glasses like the Fighting Cock had been drank with, he gathered up a Bourbon glass filling it up with Yukon Jack, to which I despise to this day. He'd drink a glass, I'd drink a glass....

Mother thought it was cute till I started to puke in the carpet...and called her the "Worlds Biggest Bitch"...had a change of heart after those harshly spoken words...and then had to put up with a drunk husband to boot...she decided it wasn't so cute....

And of course, I had to endure the 3 hour lecture the next morning about the pitfalls of drinking..and calling people Bitches.... Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 12:24 pm
All due respect shivers....your parents were morons.... :wink:

I could never (and still can't) believe people who say..."Oh, once I drank so much and had such a terrible hangover, I never did it again"

smarter than I was I guess.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 12:24 pm
No.

I waited until later.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 12:27 pm
Quote:
All due respect shivers....your parents were morons....

Uhhumm, I agree. And this was a man that worked for the County's Sheriff's department.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 12:53 pm
When I was a little kid I remember my dad letting me take sips of his beer. I absolutely loved it.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:05 pm
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I went to a rap show in high school...Ghetto Boys, Public Enemy, and a bunch of others. I never feared for my life like I did that day. The guy in the next row over pulled a knife out during the show, another guy pulled a gun out in the lobby, and I witnessed a ton of fights between acts. I really don't know how the little white boy(me) didn't get killed.

Damn, I'd let somebody stab me in the face, in exchange for a time machine and tickets to see a PE/Ghetto Boys show.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:32 pm
It was a pretty sick concert. Except for the fact I feared for my life.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 1 Aug, 2006 01:40 pm
Well being an Irish bairn, my mother used to dip our soothers (American: pacifier) in whiskey to get us to shut up screaming and put us to sleep.

I started drinking at 13 when my parents insisted I get out of the house and go with my older sister to a teen-disco every Saturday night. I was a shy geek back then and didn't want to go, so it is actually their fault I started drinking and I reminded them of this fact numerous times in the years since. In fact every time I came home drunk as a teen/twenty-something I would look (blearily) at them and say "yes? who was it pushed me out the door and told me a drink wouldn't kill me?"

I could actually drink quite a bit in my younger years as it's easy to build up an alcohol tolerance if you hang out with a bunch of boozers night after night in an area where pub socializing is absolutely mandatory.

It took 18 bottles of Stag. 3 glasses of red wine, and several shots of something (I have no idea) before I danced on a bar table with some guys tie knotted around my head, made-out with everyone in the bar (I am told), drank myself sober, got home on a bicycle (8 miles) without killing myself, and woke up the next day with alcohol poisoning (blue and red blotches all over face and body). Oh and I went into class the next day, vomiting a trail all the way up the path. I do remember giving up that particular drink [Stag], haven't been able to touch it since.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Were you a young drunk?
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/15/2024 at 10:04:32