My brothers stopped in today

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 06:51 pm
This was the first time in many years that all the Ratzenhofer brothers (with the exception of Egon, who was killed in the Boer War) assembled for a afternoon of frivolity.

We laughed, we cried, we shared tender moments.

We are approaching the twilight of our lives and, sadly, this may be the last time the Ratzenhofer brothers are together as a group.

Vilhelm told some really funny stories and we drank lots of beer and had corn on the cob.

I told my brothers about A2K and there was much excitement. At one point Adalbert leaned forward in his chair and was so excited he almost fell over when he asked, "Gus, would you tell us about dagmaraka's tattoo again?"

Franz started laughing and said, "Adalbert is going to have a heart attack thinking about that young lass's tattoo."

Then we all started laughing in unison and, as family habit dictates, we stood up and started jingling the change in our pockets.

We all grew silent as Gebhard, the wisest of the brothers, begin to speak in his solemn tone. He said, "Boys, we've raised a lot of hell on this planet in our days, bed down a lot of lasses, drank beer until it seeped from our pores, but the days, for me at least, our drawing to a close. I have been diagnosed with lycanthrophy and am not expected to live beyond another thirty years."

Silence. We all fidgeted and then something happened. For the first time in the history of the Ratzenhofer family..... we hugged. We hugged like a bunch of friggin women. All of the Ratzenhofer brothers in a big circle, arms around each other, sobbing, hugging, clutching, groping.

It was a special moment.

Then, we took our portrait. Probably, like I said earlier, the last time that this "Band of Brothers" are seen as one.

Bottom row, left to right: Hans, Gebhard, Vilhelm, myself, Adolph.

Back row: Adalbert, LeRoy, Joseph

http://www.ci.bethlehem.ct.us/OBHSI/benedicts.gif

Thanks for looking.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,727 • Replies: 47
No top replies

patiodog

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 06:56 pm
That's very moving.

Anyone got a magazine?
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:16 pm
No sisters?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:19 pm
Reyn wrote:
No sisters?

Not sure about the one on the lower left. Razz
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:27 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Reyn wrote:
No sisters?

Not sure about the one on the lower left. Razz

You laughing at Hans, Intrepid? You cold, heartless bastard.

Hans is twice the man you are, Intrepid! TWICE THE FRIGGIN' MAN!!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:31 pm
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yup, I can tell that by the way he is holding his hat Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:33 pm
Could be worse, Gebhard could have lupus.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:35 pm
Re: My brothers stopped in today
So whys the guy who used to be on the top-left doctored out of the photo? What'd he do?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:37 pm
That's the spot they always reserve for Egon.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:39 pm
littlek wrote:
Could be worse, Gebhard could have lupus.

Your name was brought up quite a bit, littlek. Adolph was particularly interested in you and asked me if I could get your phone number.

I told him you were a lesbian, just to keep him off your heels, and he became very distraught and started throwing stones at the side of the barn.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:40 pm
littlek wrote:
That's the spot they always reserve for Egon.

Very astute, littlek. You think like a Ratzenhofer.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:02 pm
A true hole in the wall family if ever there was one.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:11 pm
I've just noticed, edgar, that your head is considerably larger than mine.

I hope that is just camera trickery; otherwise I will develop an inferiority complex and consider myself a pinhead.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:13 pm
I wear a size 9 1/2.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:19 pm
It's not the size of the head that matters,Gus...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:22 pm
How to measure hat size

It is truly said that hat size is an indication of - oops. Don't want to embarrass anyone.
0 Replies

Tico

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:25 pm
Hey Gus, I just got an email from your cousin, Philibert LaViolet. Seems Phil is selling Rojlesx, best quality, 100% real, on the internet these days. Just thought you might wanna raise a glass to him.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:28 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Yup, I can tell that by the way he is holding his hat Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

It's not the way he's holding his hat. It's where he's holding his hat....and what he's trying to cover up! Shocked
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:29 pm
Is this thread supposed to constitute some evidence that Gus did in fact have a mother?

Joe(just wondering)Nation
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 08:31 pm
I think the whole family are a bunch of experimental clones.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » My brothers stopped in today
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.04 seconds on 10/03/2024 at 03:11:37