Baboons Make Trouble for Construction Team

Reyn

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 10:39 am
Well, this certainly is a reverse role here. It's rather humorous.

Personally, my opinion is that I'm not in favour of zoos at all. If animals have to be protected, I prefer tracts of land put aside for this purpose that are not enclosed.

Baboons Make Trouble for Construction Team

LIVERPOOL, England (AP) - Zoo officials installed an electric fence around a construction site to protect workers from 120 primate hecklers, an animal park in northern England said Friday.

A band of baboons began screeching and chattering when a team of construction workers commenced work to renovate the primate enclosure at Knowsley Safari Park, close to the city of Liverpool, about 210 miles north of London.

Worried that the baboons would become violent, workers at the animal park - which also houses lions, rhino and elephants - have installed the fence to contain them.

"Because we're effectively in a cage and the animals are free to roam around us, we do feel as though the roles are reversed and we are the exhibit," said Geoff Ames, the construction project manager. "However, we're grateful for the protection." Work to create a new enclosure for the primates will be completed this summer, Ames said.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 219 • Replies: 3
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 10:50 am
The baboons weren't smart. If they had quietly bided their time, they might have stolen construction helmets and walked out the gate.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 10:56 am
Laughing Trust Edgar to find the sneaky angle! Yup, they could disguised themselves and walked right out of that jail. Very Happy
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 12:12 pm
Actually they are afraid of the two mixing and interbreeding.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Baboons Make Trouble for Construction Team
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 08:44:55