Grannies' G-strings go global

Reyn

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:02 pm
"The art of crochet is not intended for making such garments."

I can't believe someone actually said that!

[slaps forehead]

Grannies' G-strings go global

G-strings crocheted by Polish grannies have proved such a success they are being sold worldwide on the internet.

No longer able to sell their hand-crafted doilies and table clothes, women in the tiny Polish mountain village of Koniakow turned their crocheting skills to making sexy lingerie.

And the business has proved such a success that the crochetiers have now launched an online shop for people around the world to buy the knitted underwear.

Tadeusz Rucki, who funds the granny g-string firm, said: "People aren't only mad about g-strings in traditional white crochet, but also in red and black."

But the head of the local Society for Folk Art, Helena Kamieniarz, is not happy with the new business, saying: "What is being done to our old traditions is a disgrace. The art of crochet is not intended for making such garments."

Check them out HERE.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 494 • Replies: 7
No top replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:16 pm
Go Grannies!
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:18 pm
Did you check out the site? I figure they're pretty tasteful for this day and age, eh?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:20 pm
I did. I love that kind of stuff, being a child of the 70s.
0 Replies

dagmaraka

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:35 pm
Gorgeous. I wish it wasn't 55 Euros, though for a Koniakowska crochet that's not much at all. Just for me it is. I'm pretty sure I'll get some once I'm a wee bit richer.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:40 pm
I'm sure you'd look great in them, too, Dag! :wink:
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 12:45 pm
Hot stuff, but the trouble is that they are modelled by kids. I would have p referred to see them on real grannies.
0 Replies

cyphercat

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 01:04 pm
Beautiful undies, but the models were kinda scary....Is it "in" to be that skinny there? They looked more anorexic even than is popular in America, and I thought we were bad!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Grannies' G-strings go global
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 04:32:41