Yahoo Mail Beta

sumac

Reply Sat 22 Jul, 2006 09:39 am
I just downloaded their beta version and am having some problems, notably, the link in a2k's update notification emails to a specific forum page does not work any longer.

Links within other emails, such as NYT's daily news email, do work.

But I think I recall that links in other emails don't go anywhere either.

Has anyone noticed anything?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 649 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 06:09 am
Paste the link here and we'll see what's what. Thanks.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Sun 23 Jul, 2006 09:11 am
I have been paying closer attention.

It is treating the link to the updated page as a pop-up, kind of. I have to depress control and click on the link to get the a2k page to come up. But usually it comes up behind the topic update notification email screen, and I have to minimize that window to see it.

Or, it flashes briefly to the updated page and then rapidly reverts back to the topic update notification email screen window.

Sometimes, when I have a couple of a2k emails in succession in my inbox, if I open and respond to the first and then delete it, and then open and click on the link in the next email, it will bring up the first, now deleted email.

In other words, the actual topic page number is irrelevant to it. As if the cache memory can't distinguish between what is at the end of the two links.

I have yet to contact Yahoo about this.
0 Replies