Siblings and birth order

Gala

Reply Mon 31 Jul, 2006 05:52 pm
J_B wrote:
I'm the youngest of four. We referred to my oldest sister as "Your Highness", complete with deep bow, while growing up. Next in line is my brother, the only boy of the group and independent in his own way. The sister above me in age is the classic middle child - never quite figuring out where she fit in the grand scheme of things. As the baby, I was supposedly spoiled rotten (according to my siblings) but I think it was more a function of exhaustion on the part of my parents than wanting to give me any special favors.

I'm married to the first-born of a first-born. I see the same regal qualities in both of them that I saw in my eldest sister. My first-born daughter has aires as well. She sometimes has disagreement with her father and I try to explain to her that the King and the Princess have a certain pecking order and she has to bide her time before she graduates to Queen.

I agree with you about the exhaustion part-- by the time the parents have a few kids they pretty much know what to expect from raising a healthy child and begin to let the siblings do a lot of the entertaining of the younger ones. Her highness, that's a good one.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 02:41:13