Texas Man Catches Fish With Human-Like Teeth

Reyn

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 03:38 pm

A fish caught in Lubbock, Texas, with teeth that look like they belong to a human has baffled wildlife officials in the area, according to a report.

game warden photographed the fish and is attempting to identify it.

General Manager of Buffalo Springs Lake Greg Thornton told KLBK13-TV in Texas that he has never seen anything like the fish in the 36 years he has lived near the lake.

A search for what the fish may be suggested that it may be a pacu, which is found in South America.

Curry said he believes he saw another similar fish while on the lake.

A Texas television station reported that lake officials will give $100 to anyone catching a similar fish.

http://www.local6.com/2006/0719/9543282.jpg
A fish caught in Lubbock, Texas, with teeth that look like they belong to a human has baffled wildlife officials in the area, according to a report. Fisherman Scott Curry reeled in the 20-pound fish on Buffalo Springs Lake and immediately noticed the catch had human-like teeth. A game warden photographed the fish and is attempting to identify it. General Manager of Buffalo Springs Lake Greg Thornton told KLBK13-TV in Texas that he has never seen anything like the fish in the 36 years he has lived near the lake. A search for what the fish may be suggested that it may be a pacu, which is found in South America. Curry said he believes he saw another similar fish while on the lake. A Texas television station reported that lake officials will give $100 to anyone catching a similar fish.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 6,832 • Replies: 10
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 04:38 pm
Looks like he needs some dental work!
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 04:41 pm
He was after all a human. Of course he caught the fish with human-like teeth.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 04:46 pm
Re: Texas Man Catches Fish With Human-Like Teeth
Reyn wrote:

How'd he catch a fish with teeth? That cant be easy.. And where did he find "human-like" teeth anyway? The fishing store dont sell those..
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:04 pm
link to story
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:06 pm
Reyn, i can't believe you've sunk so low . . . now you're peddling fish stories ? ! ? ! ?
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:10 pm
Looks like a pacu to me:

http://www.cqj.dk/Fotos/Pacu%20teeth.JPG

And they are vegetarians!

Comments. The Pacu, shown above, is a very large Pacu about 30" total length and heavy. It's probably not a Red Bellied Pacu; more likely it's a Black Pacu. All Pacus grow very fast to very large sizes. They can eat almost any food, and are now being raised in huge fish farms throughout the world as a food fish.

Pacus are relatives of the Piranha, and Pacus look like Piranhas. But Pacus are mainly vegetarians that will adapt to eat almost anything. In the wild they eat very hard nut-like vegetation that they crush in their powerful mouths. Pacus are not recommended for most aquariums because, when given proper care, they will quickly grow to a very large size.

Several years ago the government of Brazil set-up a fish farm to spawn and release Red Pacu. This fish farm was very successful at spawning the Red Pacu, and the Red Pacus spread to many other fish farms all over the World. A consequence of this flood of Red Pacus is that other Pacus, such as the Black Pacu, are very difficult to find now.
0 Replies

boomerang

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:34 pm
I suddenly have an inexplicable desire to reread "The Flounder".
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 05:36 pm
Thanks for the post, Deb.
0 Replies

rockclimber3991

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:00 pm
I know where another one is.
Behind my grandmothers house in Plantation, FL(near Ft. Lauderdale) in the lake is a very large fish that looks just like that. Her next door neighbor who is an avid fisherman caught the fish once and said it was a Pacu. When he caught it, it was about 2 and a half feet long. I like to kayak on the lake and frequently see the fish swimming near the banks. The lake is quite deep, but the fish likes to rest near the shore with its back sticking out of the water. Right now it looks like it could be four or five feet long!!! It's pretty scary looking.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 30 Jul, 2006 07:03 pm
For some unknown reason, I suddenly lost my appetite.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Texas Man Catches Fish With Human-Like Teeth
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 08:29:50