Airline Putting Ads On Barf Bags

Reyn

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 07:41 pm
So, what's the idea here? You look at their logo /advertising while you're busy puking? Yeah, I'll remember that and buy their product? Rolling Eyes

Airline Putting Ads On Barf Bags

PHOENIX -- It's enough to make you sick -- barf bags with ads.

U.S. Airways will start selling advertising on its air-sickness bags. Airline spokesman Phil Gee said the company is looking for new ways to counter rising jet fuel and labor costs.

Passengers will start seeing the ad bags in September.

America West, which merged with U.S. Airways last year, had the first ads in the industry on tray tables. It also had the first airline gift cards and the first in-flight meals for sale.

The idea might not be as weird as it first sounds. Aviation consultant Michael Boyd said plenty of companies would like to see their logos plastered on the side of a barf bag. He also said people aren't throwing up on planes as much as they used to.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 192 • Replies: 3
No top replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 07:50 pm
Do airlines still provide those things? I've never looked at one. I think most travelers these days are so blase about flying that air-sickness is largely a historical phenomenon. Those who are prone to get sick in flight generally take the bus or train instead.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 07:55 pm
Merry Andrew wrote:
Do airlines still provide those things?

You've probably got to buy it separately now. Laughing
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 08:23 pm
Laughing Yeah, like your meals.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Airline Putting Ads On Barf Bags
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 04:30:51