Airline Scraps Online 'Hoffa' Game

Reyn

Reply Wed 19 Jul, 2006 04:18 pm
The idiots would thought this idea up should have their butts kicked and get fired. I couldn't think of anything stupider than this.

Were the kiddies going to play this, too?

Airline Scraps Online 'Hoffa' Game

DETROIT (AP) - An online game that poked fun at the FBI's hunt for Jimmy Hoffa's remains was shut down after a Florida-based discount airline received dozens of complaints from customers who felt the flight promotion was distasteful.

Spirit Airlines launched "The Hunt for Hoffa" on Tuesday, based on the unsuccessful search for the remains of the missing Teamsters president at a Milford Township farm. But hours after the game debuted, it was stopped and the promotion was changed to "Happy Sale."

"We never set out to offend anybody," Spirit spokeswoman Lynne Koreman told The Detroit News. "It was done all in good fun and topical humor. We got a couple of dozen complaints. Some people thought it was in bad taste."

The Miramar, Fla.-based airline promoted the game on its Web site with the teaser, "Help us find Hoffa with our Hunt for Hoffa game and enjoy fares from just $39 each way."

The point of the game was to dig for Hoffa's body by clicking grids, mirroring the massive effort at the Detroit-area horse farm in May. Hoffa disappeared 31 years ago.

Winners were taken to another site that read "You found Hoffa!" and thanked them for helping the National Spirit Sale Center find the missing union leader.

A University of Detroit Mercy marketing professor was among those who didn't think the promotion was such a good idea.

"It's marketing run amok," said professor Michael Bernacchi. "It's a wonderfully creative idea gone wrong. This was a bad bet from the beginning. It was a high risk with a low reward potential. They needed to do their homework."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 260 • Replies: 8
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 12:55 pm
Hey! They pulled it before I got a chance to play! What a ripoff!
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:20 pm
Dammit...I wanted to look for Hoffa....

I think it's in bad taste, but funny none the less.

People need to lighten up.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:25 pm
I don't even think it's in bad taste.

(scratches ass)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:28 pm
Well, he was an actual person and he did die and making fun of the Feds for looking for his body is kinda mean....
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:28 pm
huh?

(picking nose)
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:29 pm
<<standing>>

pppbbbbbbbfffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttt.

Oops.

Sorry.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 01:54 pm
Chai Tea wrote:
(scratches ass)
Chai Tea wrote:
(picking nose)

You wearing gloves performing those acts?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Thu 20 Jul, 2006 02:16 pm
Reyn wrote:
Chai Tea wrote:
(scratches ass)
Chai Tea wrote:
(picking nose)

You wearing gloves performing those acts?

yes of COURSE Rolling Eyes

http://www.mapledrive.com/images/products/lag1205_f.jpg

Hold on a second...

SNORT - ZZZZCCKKKKZZZZZ

PHATTOOOEY!

ah, that's better.

you were saying......?
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Airline Scraps Online 'Hoffa' Game
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 04:29:48