Go nuts over big testicles

Reyn

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 08:11 pm
This makes me so proud to be Canadian. Rolling Eyes

Go nuts over big testicles
To dangle below bumper

EDMONTON -- If you've got a really big truck, you might need really big balls.

That's behind a growing fad hitting Edmonton streets.

Made from hard plastic, the big, dangling testicles are being found tied beneath the rear bumpers of local trucks - by picture-hanging wire, zip ties and shoelaces.

"Putting male genitalia on your truck ... makes it a man truck, instead of any old truck," said Amy Kaler, an associate professor of sociology at the University of Alberta.

"I don't think it's rocket science. People take their genitals as kind of being the core of sexual identity.

Kaler said it's "likely a pretty tongue-in-cheek" take on the way people treat their vehicles "as though they were persons."

"I'd be really surprised if guys who put these on their trucks really, genuinely, think that people will look at this and think, 'Wow, he's well-endowed.' "

And retailers - there aren't many in Edmonton yet - say women are buying the big balls, which come in different colors, including brass and chrome.

"It's red-neck Alberta," said one retailer at Tonka 4-Wheel Drive Ltd., who didn't want her name used.

"We brought them up on a gag last Christmas and we've ordered quite a few. They've been selling like hotcakes."

The balls run from $40 to $50. There are smaller nuts available, too, for motorcycles.

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2006/07/18/edmmain200.jpg
Shop Foreman Darren Ohrn can't help but laugh as he shows off a couple of sets of "BULLsBALLs" as a brass set hang from their intended position off of a truck's trailer hitch outside Tonka 4-Wheel Drive Ltd. (7223 Girard Rd) July 17/06 afternoon where they sell the novelty items.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 441 • Replies: 2
No top replies

cyphercat

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 08:58 pm
I saw a truck with these once. Rolling Eyes

My boyfriend said, "Look, that truck has balls!" and I couldn't see them very well, so i thought it was just some part of the truck that was hanging down and Mr Cypher was just being infantile. So I snapped at him, very bitchy, "Oh grow up! Just because something is dangling off the truck, you have to make some stupid, 'huh-huh-huh, looks like nuts' comment. Do you have to be so dirty minded?!"

Then of course he was all smug because it wasn't him being dirty-minded at all, just being more observant than me...<sigh> All in all, it sure did make me annoyed with whoever came up with the damn things.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Tue 18 Jul, 2006 09:40 pm
Yup, only in Alberta. Mad
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Go nuts over big testicles
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 04:40:20