Hot Dog Mailed Back And Forth For More Than 50 Years

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 04:44 pm
Does anybody have a story to tell about a "prank in the family"?

Hot Dog Mailed Back And Forth For More Than 50 Years

Keenesburg, CO -- Flora Zimbelman says it all started 54 years ago when she put an uncooked hot dog in her sister's suitcase.

"I don't know what made me do it. The devil I guess," she said.

Flora's sister, Rose, found the hot dog when she opened the suitcase back up in Idaho, where she lived at the time.

"She mailed it back to me telling me to keep my garbage at home," said Flora.

The game was on.

In the years that followed, Flora would find a way to sneak the hot dog back into Rose's life. And Rose would find another way to sneak it back to Flora.

"I found it under my pillow once, I found it in between the drapes and once I found it in the kitchen drawer," said Flora.

Flora still has that hot dog. It looks just about as disgusting as you might expect. Yet, earlier this year, Flora's sister, best friend, and victim of her continuous pranks, lost her battle with cancer.

Flora says she misses her friend, and even though it's difficult to look at, she'll still show you the hot dog and tell you the story behind it.

http://www.wfmy.com/assetpool/images/06712113232_07-11-06-hot-dog-4p%20003_0001_245.jpg
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 516 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Chai

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 04:57 pm
wow, that's really kinda sweet.

something they shared, and laughed about.

no matter how mad they might have gotten at each other, they always had the hot dog.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 05:40 pm
Looks to me like it's been cooked.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 06:00 pm
I'm surprised Flora didn't slip the hot dog in Rose's coffin.

My girlfriend and I have been exchanging the same birthday card for over 20 years. It started when I told her I really liked the card and that was why I was sending it to her, she then mailed it back to me in a new envelope 5 months later for my birthday- and thus began a tradition.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 06:19 pm
I bet the only think keeping SealPoet's mil from sending back the twinkies is the high cost of postage.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 07:37 pm
Green Witch wrote:
My girlfriend and I have been exchanging the same birthday card for over 20 years.

You know, with the higher cost of cards these days, you guys have saved yourself a fortune!

I like that idea a lot. Now if I could just get the various relatives to sign on to this program.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 08:59 pm
Two of my aunts used to send each other $5.00 bills for Christmas. Good thing they did, too. They both needed the money.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:00 pm
roger wrote:
I bet the only think keeping SealPoet's mil from sending back the twinkies is the high cost of postage.

Yeah, I thought of SealPoet immediately when I saw this.

A classic:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15423
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:08 pm
roger wrote:
Two of my aunts used to send each other $5.00 bills for Christmas. Good thing they did, too. They both needed the money.

hehe, Wouldn't it have been easier for them to just keep their own respective $5.00 bills? This way, they would have saved the postage.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:13 pm
Whaaat? And get a reputation for being cheap, and at Christmas time too?
0 Replies

Diane

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:29 pm
Thanks, Reyn, I love this kind of thing.

Roger, I was laughing out loud. Yep, that was a good tradition, despite the lost postage.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:34 pm
Diane wrote:
Thanks, Reyn, I love this kind of thing.

All the stories that are really worth reading can be found in H.I.

I don't just pick any old weirdo either! :wink: Laughing
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Hot Dog Mailed Back And Forth For More Than 50 Years
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 01:24:19