Dog Blamed for Hitting Woman With Truck

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 04:23 pm
Dog Blamed for Hitting Woman With Truck

OGDEN, Utah (AP) - A police dog that was left in a pickup with the engine running apparently knocked the vehicle into gear and ran down a woman who was walking to her mailbox.

Mary F. Stone, 41, was expected to remain hospitalized with a fractured pelvis and tailbone until at least Friday, said her husband, Paul Stone.

The dog, a German shepherd named Ranger, had been left in the truck while its handler responded to a domestic disturbance call Tuesday, police Lt. Loring Draper said. The truck's engine was on so Ranger would have air conditioning.

Draper said Ranger must have hit the shift on the steering column, putting the automatic transmission into gear. As the truck slowly rolled forward, police officers yelled to Stone, but she couldn't get out of the way in time, he said.

A front and rear tire ran over her. "She had tire marks on her clothes," her husband said.

The truck then went through the Stones' yard and struck a vehicle in the driveway.

Draper said police were trying to determine if there might have been some malfunction that would have allowed the gear shift to be moved easily.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 268 • Replies: 7
No top replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 07:10 pm
My dog used to do dumb things like that. I finally had to take away his set of keys.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 07:33 pm
What did his driver's license photo look like?
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 07:56 pm
Kinda of like my ex mother-in-law.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 08:50 pm
That good, huh?
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 09:57 pm
Um, hello, parking break!
0 Replies

NickFun

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 10:11 pm
Perhaps the dog had mastered the parking break
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 13 Jul, 2006 10:49 pm
Then that dog will be famous!
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Dog Blamed for Hitting Woman With Truck
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 01:26:45