Father, daughter win top lottery prizes with same numbers

Reyn

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 08:40 pm
Hmmm, sounds fishy to me!

Father, daughter win top lottery prizes with same numbers

CHARLESTON, W.Va. - A woman and her father won the three top daily prizes totaling $75,000 in a lottery game - without knowing that either was playing.

Charity Guiddy won two $25,000 prizes on July 4, using a set of family birth dates. That same day, Charity's father, Paul Guiddy, claimed a third $25,000 prize, using the same set of numbers.

He had asked her some time ago if he could use the numbers, which he saw on an old lottery ticket she had left in his car, the West Virginia Lottery said.

"Since he asked about playing my numbers, I thought he might have been the one, but didn't know for sure until I was talking with another relative," Charity Guiddy said Tuesday.

About five years ago, using a different set of numbers, Charity Guiddy won the $25,000 prize as well. Lottery spokeswoman Nancy Bulla said this is the first time the same person has won the game's top prize three times.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 274 • Replies: 1
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Wed 12 Jul, 2006 08:47 pm
Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. This is why they suggest that players don't use birthdays. Too many possible duplicates.
0 Replies

1. Forums
  2. » Father, daughter win top lottery prizes with same numbers
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.02 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 11:28:01